Using Tone Volume As Discrimination

Today I tried something different, trying to cherry pick only deep high tones. Had the 6 inch coil on my 800, very trashy small 100+ year old park.

Set  it on Park 1, noise cancel, manual GB, 5 tones with the first 3 segments set to 0 volume 1 tone the last 2 were both set to max volume and tone,

set the recovery speed at 5 and 0 iron bias. My question to those that  know is, am I losing depth with this kind of setting? It seemed to work well, I have been 

trying to figure out  how to park hunt deep silver,.All the pieces in the image were only giving tone, no numbers and were all carrot deep. Suggestions?

PB290002.JPG

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dsrtdwg1 said:

Today I tried something different, trying to cherry pick only deep high tones. Had the 6 inch coil on my 800, very trashy small 100+ year old park.

Set  it on Park 1, noise cancel, manual GB, 5 tones with the first 3 segments set to 0 volume 1 tone the last 2 were both set to max volume and tone,

set the recovery speed at 5 and 0 iron bias. My question to those that  know is, am I losing depth with this kind of setting? It seemed to work well, I have been 

trying to figure out  how to park hunt deep silver,.All the pieces in the image were only giving tone, no numbers and were all carrot deep. Suggestions?

PB290002.JPG

Apparently your settings are working well and I would use them for a while. If you are done with an area (I would grid the most productive area), then you can redo it while changing settings and see if anything else comes up. Otherwise the other way to do it is, when you get what you think is a very deep iffy target, don't dig it. That is the ideal time to, one by one adjust settings to see if you can clear up the target or not.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Apparently your settings are working well and I would use them for a while. If you are done with an area (I would grid the most productive area), then you can redo it while changing settings and see if anything else comes up. Otherwise the other way to do it is, when you get what you think is a very deep iffy target, don't dig it. That is the ideal time to, one by one adjust settings to see if you can clear up the target or not.

I like the idea of marking the potential target and trying different settings. I will take some golf tees with me next time.

• Like 1