Equinox 15" Coil Id's

Tiftaaft

On 12/4/2018 at 11:12 AM, phrunt said:

I would of thought the Aussie $1 would now read more often at 22 VDI and the $2 at 21 with the $1 being the bigger coin.

With our $1 being smaller than the $2 the $2 now reads most often at 22 on the VDI with the $1 favoring 21.  This is only with the 12x15 coil, on the 11" and 6" they both favor mostly 21 for me bouncing to 22 a bit.

sorry mate, I am not really following you in the context of what we were talking about

We were talking about a shift in ID numbers

Normal TID for AUD coin is $1 -22, $2- 21 ...yes the smaller coin is $2 and hence its TID 21 and the larger $1 is TID 22

...but if the coins jackets is pierced and the insides start leeching out and mixing with soil minerals the TIDs can go up (usually) or they can go down (less often)

I have dug broken down  $1 coins at 20, 21, 23, 24. and usually they are a bit more jumpy

These broken down coins have been in the ground a long time or in aggressive soil and have green and/or brown marks stick fast to their surface.

I usually clean them up best I can with hydro acid and a scrub with a dremel for the bank but they still look a bit worse for wear.