Will the Gold Bug Pro run well with a Detech 13" Ultimate coil that was made for the "greek series" detectors?

507_0.jpg

Their website doesn't give a whole lot of information

https://www.detech-metaldetectors.com/products/coils/81-13q-ultimate-dd-detech-coil.html

I want a bigger coil for my GBP than the stock coil that came with it as a Gold Bug Pro DP and I've read good things about the ultimate, and I have a guy willing to sell me his off his Omega 8000 at a reasonable price.

I've found the Gold Bug Pro has remarkably accurate Target ID's on coins, almost up there if not equal to my Equinox and possibly better than my T2 so I was thinking if I got a bigger coil for it perhaps my wife would use it for the odd coin shooting adventure, I think at the moment shes a bit put off by me cleaning up with my Nox and her using the T2 and not doing near as well, as she likes I know it's a coin before digging, the T2 isn't such an accurate detector on the Target ID's as the Nox but the GBP seems pretty darn good.  The T2 bounces around on the target ID's, the Nox gets a solid 21/22 almost every time.  The easier I make it for her the more she may like it and I don't want to spend the money on a Nox 600 for her right now as she'll only use it 3 or 4 times a year so I don't want a fixed lithium style battery detector for her. AA or 9V is more suited to that and I'd rather use what I've got.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

• Like 1

Phrunt......do you want a better depth, and also cover the ground ?, yes coil 13 "ultimate is deeper, where you had very weak signals on coins, and 11dd coil was at ground, with Ultimate you get a nice signal and a ID with a spool 5cm above ground. , another very important feature is a very good separation in the iron - when the coil is 15cm-20cm above the ground - for example in winter in the snow, compared to the Standard 11 "dd coil, it has a slightly lower sensitivity to the slightest thing, not the only waste of the smallest waste. .Ultimate coil is practically stable even at the highest sensitivity..

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, EL NINO77 said:

do you want a better depth, and also cover the ground ?, yes spool 13 "ultimate is deeper, where you had very weak signals on coins, and 11dd coil was at ground, with Ultimatum you get a nice signal and a ID with a spool 5cm above ground. , another very important feature is a very good separation in the iron - when the coil is 15cm-20cm above the ground - for example in winter in the snow, compared to the Standard 11 "dd coil, it has a slightly lower sensitivity to the slightest thing, not the only waste of the smallest waste. .

Thanks, I am just surprised a Coil runs on a 7.8khz detector such as the Omega 8000 and also runs on the 19khz GBP? Seems weird.

The Ultimate indeed sounds a very good coil.

coils of Greek series do not have solid resonance, resonance determines used detector ... 13"  Ultimate test:

and my 3D test:  The 11dd coil, and Nel snake coil does not go away...:wink:

iphone 5S April1 2018 003_DxO.jpg

november 22 iphone5S 2018 025_DxO.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/1/2018 at 3:16 AM, phrunt said:

...I was thinking if I got a bigger coil for it perhaps my wife would use it for the odd coin shooting adventure....

On 12/1/2018 at 3:16 AM, phrunt said:

I want a bigger coil for my GBP than the stock coil that came with it as a Gold Bug Pro DP....

Have you considered the off-balance condition the larger coil will create?  I have a (15 inch round) Nel Attack for my GB-Pro and it is extremely toe-heavy.  I'm sure the 13 inch Ultimate coil isn't as bad, but it's worth concern.

Can you borrow it from your friend and let your wife try swinging it?

• Like 1

13 "Ultimate coil has a slightly higher weight ..+45 grams, but it is better balanced than 11" standart DD coil..

December 1 Iphone 5S 2018 035_DxO.jpg

December 1 Iphone 5S 2018 038_DxO.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, EL NINO77 said:

13 "Ultimate coil has a slightly higher weight ..+45 grams, but it is better balanced than 11" standart DD coil..

Thanks ELNINO, perfect! You've been very helpful in my decision.  I can't borrow the coil, I don't know the guy selling it and he has to post it to me if I buy it, but he said he'd refund me if I didn't like it or it didn't work on my GBP in any way as he uses it on an Omega.

I think you will be satisfied with the ultimate coil, a new coil-new detector,  :wink: the Omega-coils of the Greek series are compatible with Gold-bug, Gold bug / Pro and G2 ..,.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, EL NINO77 said:

13 "Ultimate coil has a slightly higher weight ..+45 grams, but it is better balanced than 11" standart DD coil.

Nice!  "Well done" to Detech for making such a large coil so light!

• Like 2