The Minelab Equinox: An Advanced Guide. By Clive James Clynick

cjc

Announcing: “The Minelab Equinox: An Advanced Guide.”
By Clive James Clynick
Our postal workers here in Toronto have been ordered back to work—clearing the way for me to begin a full-on book launch of the new one: ”The Minelab Equinox: An Advanced Guide.” Thanks to those who have shown interest in the couple of dozen proofs so far. What I’ve tried to do in this book is to lay out the Equinox’s strengths. These are its operating characteristics: good noise reduction, effective built in bias, good target ID at depth, good low conductor sensitivity–to begin with. The general theme of the book is how to get the most from these strengths in the field—both depth performance and accuracy. This is a detector that gives quite a lot of information–audio and meter. Understanding some basic detector theory can help to make sense of this information–what it means. This theory is very simple and has to do with the fact that the ground forms part of the signal—and that there is a ton of information to be gotten from these “ground noises”–the amount of difficulty that the machine has in separating targets from it.
I believe that the way to become more accurate with the Equinox is to have a good grasp of these basic general skills that are applicable to all situations. With this in hand—accurate, effective applications become much easier to develop. Although there are several “beach” programs detailed in the book—these are more for teaching purposes—they illustrate skills and principles that are generalizable across situations.
Years ago when I got my first Sovereign–all you had was your manual. There were a few seasoned hunters who posted methods on the Findmall forum. I cut and pasted these and read this one sheet multiple times. This gave me a good general knowledge of how this detector operated. These methods—things such as coil control target testing (the various types of target test passes), all metal signal confirming, (tone and location on the ground) for example increased my accuracy dramatically. With the Equinox’s sophisticated processing and filtering—these kinds of super quick tests are much more effective and can give you a ton of target information. So this would be one general idea that’s covered in the book—skill building and developing your accuracy by understanding what the machine is telling you.
Good Luck Detecting,
Clive
November, 2018
STRENGTHS-2-400x219.png

STRENGTHS-2-400x219.png

First buyer, first review...

I have both books now and they are awesome. I keep them close so I can study them on these cold days. Anyone one that has a Equinox needs these books.

CM

(thanks!)

I also have both books. I am in the midst of the second one now and it has lots of interesting approaches to consider. Clive is able to set out complicated technical concepts in ways that make them accessible to people (me), who are not technically adept. His writing makes learning fun. Highly recommended for folks who are looking to get the most out of their Equinox. 

Is that correct that the shipping is $5 per book? Didn't think it would doubt when adding both books to the cart.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2018 at 12:18 PM, flakmagnet said:

I also have both books. I am in the midst of the second one now and it has lots of interesting approaches to consider. Clive is able to set out complicated technical concepts in ways that make them accessible to people (me), who are not technically adept. His writing makes learning fun. Highly recommended for folks who are looking to get the most out of their Equinox. 

Thanks a lot, David---second good review--I'll take it.  Good luck with the big coil looking forwards to a full report here.   Regards clive