cjc

The Minelab Equinox: An Advanced Guide. By Clive James Clynick

Got my book today. I just love it. Very well written and lots of good information..... Can't stop reading it..

Thank you so much!

I have the first book (unsigned 😞 ) and I just ordered the second one. The first book was a great help, opened my eyes to a few things I might not of otherwise known about or discovered. Made setting up custom programs relatively easy. Can't wait to get the second one.

Ben

• Like 1

Clive Clynick Facebook page

The Review

Reviews

1/ "The Minelab Equinox: An Advanced Guide" 
"Great 2nd book for the Equinox its full of great tips and how to use the machine in different situations. The advanced guide is not just for advanced users. All users of the EQX will find this book very useful. Clive has a wealth of knowledge and [a lot of] testing has gone into the book. “An Advanced Guide” should be your go to book for helping you understanding the machine! "
JF, PA

2/ Clive has been able to show some of the best features of an incredible machine, this is an excellent read to assist in getting the most out of the equinox! -

Minelab Detexpert/YouTube personality: Red Beard Relic Hunter -DJ Dowling

I bought the first one...why should I buy the second one? the first one was titled from beginner to advanced...is this going to be like a TV series where there is a new episode every week? 

strick

Buy it and find out :laugh:

i bought it beacuse the first book taught me some things and I'm sure the 2nd will too.  Plus they are the only books out there right now on the Nox.  I replaced my CTX with the Nox and almost instanly missed the CTX's TID, after reading Clives book not so much anymore.  Makes me wonder why the Youtubers I watch dont impliment his techniques. I guess most like clad.  Cheapest on eBay right now 18.95 with free shipping.  

• Like 1

On 12/18/2018 at 7:17 AM, ChitownDigger said:

I have the first book (unsigned 😞 ) and I just ordered the second one. The first book was a great help, opened my eyes to a few things I might not of otherwise known about or discovered. Made setting up custom programs relatively easy. Can't wait to get the second one.

Ben

Received the second book.  Haven't had time to sit down with it, but planning on a "cover to cover" read.

Thanks Clive!

Thank you Clive! My order is in!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By JohnnyRox
      Unboxed it, assembled it and went to power it up...and nothing.  Hooked it up to the charger and the charging light stays solid and doesn't blink.  Able to power it up while on charge and the battery indicator reads full...but as soon as I unplug the charger, it dies.  

Need some help please.  
    • By Happa54
      Hey everyone...
      I've had my Nox for approx 10 months now and have approx 200 hours on it. 
      I'm getting more comfortable with its various modes and have fallen into a good groove with the machine. I've done well with it in great finds. 
      The area that I'm weak on is single frequencies because I have not given them a chance to prove whether it is even worth it to hunt in those modes.
      My questions are... When do you use 5kz or 10kz? Trashy or moderate trash sites? Do you use single just to cross reference a signal against multi frequency?
      Has anyone dug anything significantly better in single vs multi? Has anyone been impressed at what single frequency can do vs multi? 
      Note: For the most part I hunt trashy sites with relic/jewelry/coin mix. At the parks I simply put it on Park 1 or 2 and do not think about single frequency. But when in lot sites, and I'm running into lots of trash, I wonder how the single frequencies will work for me. Or better yet... what should it be doing for me that's better than multi?
      Any feedback is appreciated. 

• By groundscanner
      Here are my best finds from my last two trips with my new Equinox 800.  The site is an old plantation that has been under continual cultivation since the 1830's.   All detecting took place in plowed fields with over 180 years of accumulated nails, iron farm implements, and assorted trash.  Running the 800 with no discrimination sounds like machine gun fire due to the massive amounts of nails and other iron (I wasn't searching this way though!).  I was running the 800 mostly in Field 1 and occasionally in Field 2.  Field 1 was a touch quieter. 
      I found 6 Tax Tokens, a V nickel, a buff, and one Jefferson nickel; 5 pennies including one IH;  one merc and one 1876 Carson City seated liberty dime.  I was very excited about the CC dime since this is a Mississippi site and I have never found one before.  Unfortunately both dimes have plow marks.  This is not uncommon considering the amount of cultivation.
      Additional finds included a nice flat button, bridle boss, several brass rivets, heel plate, and other whatzits.  The smaller rivet was fairly deep.
      Considering the amount of trash I was very impressed with the 800.

• By mn90403
      The primary reason I bought an Equinox 800 was because it was going to let me discriminate better than any detector I had or knew I could buy.  It would save me from digging many, many bad targets.  That is what I focused on.  Second I believed that it might 'see' some targets that have been missed.  When it came out with the standard coil I think it lived up to its billing.  I've found gold and silver at the beach and gold nuggets in the gold fields.  The discrimination has helped also with the 6" coil in can slaw to find good vs iron targets.
      When it comes to the 15 inch coil at the beach I'm beginning to wonder.  While using Beach 1 and Beach 2 in wet sand I feel like I have to dig everything to get all of the clues I need.  I still find myself comparing this coil and detector combo against the 3030 and the Explorer SE Pro. (I dug most everything with them also.)  The clues I seek are not just the type of metal but size also.  Tonight's hunt was an example.
      I went to a beach I know pretty well and found it to be without a cut and gently sloping.  The waves have been at 14-17 second intervals so I expected targets to be deep if I could find them at all.  The tides are staggered so that one of the lows is very high compared to the other.  (It is this high low tide where I found most of my targets tonight.)  There is not much current and there is not much wind.  Big things didn't seem to be moving as I didn't see many rocks.  But, we have to hunt what we get on any particular session so away I went.
      My set was Beach 1/21/5-6/5 tones/no discrimination and everything else pretty standard.  Going out I swung fast looking for good targets and clues.  I had to see where the energy in the water had buried my targets.  There were very few in the normal places but I did find the earring at the top left after a few pennies and one nickel.  I went on to try areas where I have found hundreds of coins and many rings but nothing tonight.  It was a nice night when I returned to the area where I had found the two pieces of small jewelry.  I was no longer 'driven' as I am many times so I took a more thorough, casual approach and made sure I dug everything.  This was when I found most of the objects in the pictures.
      Everything was still on all metal but I was digging the bobby pin sounds, the -4, -5s and the 2s and 3s. (The leaf earring at the top left was a 2!)  I was saying to myself 'Do you know what you are not digging?'  I thought I did but I was also surprised several times.  On a 'good' night I might have skipped digging many of the penny sounds but I dug them and found good clues.  One negative sound was the stud in the bottom right.  It was a negative number but it is a small object for the big coil.  Many of the targets were small.  As you can see the 'bump-bump groan' sound produced a fair amount of trash also.  There were wires, hooks, bobby pins and a toe ring and a rose piece of small jewelry.  There is also one of those iron Euro 1 cent pieces.  Tonight they were all interesting.
      After all of these little objects were found in most of a 100 yard stretch out of 2 miles of walking I came across another negative number.  It didn't sound any different than the other nearby targets but then I hit something with the scoop.  It was large and out popped the piece of threaded pipe.  I would have expected to have my 'doors' blown off but it was not any louder than the bobby pins.  I know it can be set differently on the volume and I should do that.   The Beach 1 low numbers have a certain volume.  Now it seems that determines the headphone volume more than the adjustable volume on the detector.  Anyway, I was quite surprised that it was not louder.
      To wrap all of this up and get to the point of the topic, it seems that the 800 with the 15 inch coil detects small objects well.  The depth was up to 8 inches.  Some of the deep sounds don't ID well so I don't rely upon the discrimination.  There is a range of good targets that could be 'missed' if you only dig by the numbers.  It is important to know what you are not digging and only skip a target when there are other better targets near.  Even tho the 800 is a fast detector, the 15 inch coil likes to be swung slow.
      Mitchel

• By flakmagnet
      I read this in another forum and thought it was interesting. I asked the poster for permission and he said yes.

Mark Carter Iron bias just alters a threshold that determines if a signal will be classified as iron or not. It’s not a filter per se and doesn’t affect depth.
      The benefit of a low iron bias has been correctly explained. But that is not the whole situation. In ground that is trashy and/or heavily mineralised, especially then the nox can be chattery even when noise cancelled and ground balanced. Raising the iron bias will then cause the chatter to be classified as iron and reduce the false alerts accordingly. 
      That should be part of your routine if you want to quieten you machine. This effect happens in all metal and discrimination modes. But in all metal mode, the false will
      become an iron grunt and in disc it will be silent (assuming you have the audio set up that way). Yes, a high iron bias may lose you some masked objects. But the advantage is you won’t go crazy and you can perhaps cover more ground because you’re not having to double check false signals to see if they reoccur. 1 Manage    
    • By Dan Fox
      If the Equinox will obsolete all single frequency detectors why does it have the option to run as a single frequency machine?
      Surely this means in this mode the Equinox will obsolete itself!!