phrunt

Detecting A Train, What Detector Would You Use?

2 hours ago, geof_junk said:

The best detector would be two box detector.

2 box detector    Look at this LINK.

Thats exactly what i suggested,i use the Fisher TW-5 twin box,lucky that someone had bought it brand new and used for under 1 hour,could not grasp how to use it and i bought it basically brand new for under 1/4 of the price,his loss my gain and phenomenally deep on large targets especially trains 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don't think Simon needs any more detectors. :laugh:

JW :smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By phrunt
      Will the Gold Bug Pro run well with a Detech 13" Ultimate coil that was made for the "greek series" detectors?

Their website doesn't give a whole lot of information
      https://www.detech-metaldetectors.com/products/coils/81-13q-ultimate-dd-detech-coil.html
      I want a bigger coil for my GBP than the stock coil that came with it as a Gold Bug Pro DP and I've read good things about the ultimate, and I have a guy willing to sell me his off his Omega 8000 at a reasonable price.
      I've found the Gold Bug Pro has remarkably accurate Target ID's on coins, almost up there if not equal to my Equinox and possibly better than my T2 so I was thinking if I got a bigger coil for it perhaps my wife would use it for the odd coin shooting adventure, I think at the moment shes a bit put off by me cleaning up with my Nox and her using the T2 and not doing near as well, as she likes I know it's a coin before digging, the T2 isn't such an accurate detector on the Target ID's as the Nox but the GBP seems pretty darn good.  The T2 bounces around on the target ID's, the Nox gets a solid 21/22 almost every time.  The easier I make it for her the more she may like it and I don't want to spend the money on a Nox 600 for her right now as she'll only use it 3 or 4 times a year so I don't want a fixed lithium style battery detector for her. AA or 9V is more suited to that and I'd rather use what I've got.
      Thanks in advance for any advice.
    • By Yellowstone
      I have had good success with the 800 using factory settings.  Lately, the beach targets have slowed down significantly due to fewer tourists and more detectorists.  Will a slower recovery speed give more depth and increase targets?  Let me add I use beach 1, all metal, sensitivity around 22.
    • By Bozko
      I’m a newbie to the forums.  In fact, since I don’t even own a detector (yet), I guess I’m a “no”bie. A bunch of questions are bubbling around in my head as I try to get better informed about detecting.  Here’s one that is currently on my mind.  I plan to keep some records of my detecting experiences.  Initially, a lot of my focus will be recording detector settings and results so that I may better learn how to use my (future) detector (maybe a NOX 800).  The advice I’m hoping some will share, is what records do you keep and in what format.  I’ve spotted some software created for use by detectorists.  Some allows recording of GPS coordinates (perhaps more useful for gold hunters than coin shooters); detector settings; “finds” records (including uploading photos); free form notes; etc.  So what do YOU record please and how?  Software?  A notebook or diary?  As a learning tool or just to capture fun memories?  Do you search or review your past records?   OK, I’ll take a breath.  Any information and advice will be greatly appreciated, thank you!  PS - I searched the forums before posting this and found a couple of related threads but nothing very specific.  If this topic has been addressed in detail before, please point me in the right direction rather than create redundant threads.  Thanks, Bozko. (Thank you Steve for moving this post to the appropriate forum.  I realized after I posted it that it wasn’t in right spot but then wasn’t sure how or where to move it.  Newbie error.)
    • By Tnsharpshooter
      https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=267857
    • By Bodine50
      I want to buy a good detector or detector bundles but theres so many to choose from need suggestions.  Any help would be appreciated