I enjoy it, enough of this kumbaya stuff.

I hope others don't take actual debate about metal detectors personally, or we may as well not even be here. lol

Calabash, you're videos are literary the most useful reviews on the internet, don't' stress it, you're much appreciated.

I can't believe in 2018 you would still have to explain this stuff, but I suppose the world of metal detecting has experienced a mass awakening the last couple of years.

Tesoro is like a 1980s Fisher. It was cool in the day, but is no comparison to the last couple of good machines to hit the market.

Test gardens are much more useful then someone saying they can tell a gold ring 99% of the time, apparently that is what the guy said? lol where are his videos with piles of rings, forget rings why isn't he looking for nuggets, I mean come on, he can spot a ring that is only 40% gold 99% of the time the nuggets should be easy. 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, calabash digger said:

Head to head shootout of the 9 inch coils...Steve if this causes to much drama I understand.

No worries this is the place for "this versus that". A little drama is good for a forum where appropriate. And yeah, it's just detectors folks. Hardly worth getting your knickers in a bunch over. :smile:

• Like 1

I have always respected you and have tried to keep the drama down to a minimum here...but its hard for me to do sometimes...😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hi Calabash Digger

I thought you did a great job in this video comparison. The Tejon is to me the most outdated design of all of the Tesoros. I never could figure out why I would want to discriminate any signal twice so I just kept the main disc knob on all metal and put the alternate one just above iron and used the toggle switch to change search modes when I was using one. The detector worked great like that, otherwise it was a mystery to me. The Anfibio is really something. Also, thanks for all the great XP Deus videos. They helped me to pull the trigger on a nice used one with the HF 9" coil. I'm really liking it so far. The tone modulation over different targets really does tell me a lot of information. 

thanks,

Jeff

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Keith Southern
      Here's a video i did of the X Steve 
      Sorry its so long but tried to get in the attributes in under a hour LOL.
      50 gain and threshold 40 all potentiometers go zero to 50..disc point is where it just drops out

AIRTEST DEPTH
      Nickle 14.5" 
      Indian Head 13" 
      Z Penny 13" 
      Copper Penny 12.5" 
      Clad Dime 12.25" 
      Silver Dime 12.25" 
      Silver Quarter 14" 
      Half Dollar 15.25" 
      Silver Dollar 16.5" 
      .58 Cal. 3 Ringer 13.5 
      C.S.A. Rectangle 23" 
      U.S. Oval 25" 
      Breast Plate 23"

DISC POINTS WHERE JUST GONE 

Nickle 34 
      Indian Head 38.5 
      Z Penny 39 
      Copper Penny 43 
      Clad Dime 44.5 
      Silver Dime 45 
      Silver Quarter 46 
      Half Dollar 48 
      Silver Dollar 50 still solid 
      Coke Can flat 45 
      Square tab 34 

The X has very good Disc actually a sweet disc its gone when its gone on the dial just today I set my second disc on 38.5 to low/high tone a .58 caliber three ringer and hunted in a trashy area and picked some deep 3 ringers out by checking on second disc and if the tone was flip flopping I almost KNEW it was a bullet!! 

You can set the 2nd disc to break up (flip flop from low to high tone) on a target which I like for exactness or silence the target or accept etc.. 

If you dont want to hear a low tone for disc'ed items just turn the iron volume to zero.then its a single tone with full disc on either first or second disc. 

You can use both disc to create a notch window if you like to your exact requirements say nickles.Set first disc right below nickle and second disc right above or on edge of breaking then you have a user defined notch to check a target with . 

You push trigger forward to use second disc and pull for a all metal no tone accept all mode like a pinpoint.theres 2 triggers for either right or left hand operation. 

Machine is on 12 Volts with Drop in battery holder like say a Infinium with quarter turn door. 

The Gain control is the receive gain.A amplifier for the returned signal and can be tweaked for hot ground or more benign ground 

The Threshold is the depth/target size control and decides how weak a signal you can hear the lower you set it the more signal it takes to break though the higher you set it up to a point of say 45 the less signal it takes to over come it.even in deep woods EMI free areas you will overdrive it into instability as a sizzling chatter..Im running it right on edge of sizzle for best depth and even smallest of targets. 

The I've dug no big iron with the X since running it now about 25 hours.Even in my big iron sites.I hear it but know its iron by the way the tones sound even n just nail reject.of 20.And picked brass out of the sites of all shapes and sizes. 

Crown caps also sound ratty. 

The knobs are very tight and you can set them and wont bump them out of tuning..One thing to show the exactness of the disc is I can cancel a flattened beer can and still hit a Quarter Clean 

Keith
    • By Aureous
      Editors Note: Split from Vanquish Thread
      Very true Reg, very few 'young'uns' are having a go....but a certain TV show is helping to a small degree I suspect. But from what Ive seen, the current 'instant gratification' generation doesnt have the patience or fortitude to spend time in the bush for more than half an hour...