Some buddies of mine that were dredging down streem from me last year let me use there letrap to do a cleanup from my 6, and man it worked great! Not a spec in the taillings and ive tested several other sluices and has found a disapointing amount in the tailings of others. I been keeping a eye out and have only seen one online shop have 2 in stock. Of course i didnt have the money to blow at the time and they both sold quick. Are they discobtinued?

• Like 1

Is this what you're talking about? they're still for sale in NZ...

https://www.dredgenz.co.nz/product/le-trap-sluice-box/

I was considering getting one at one point but ended up with the Keene A52 as I didn't like the idea of sawing the end off to make it a river sluice.

Ya thats exactly what i was talking about. Thank u. I here ya seems odd having to cut it, its pretty flimsy to but it worked amazing. I just want it to drop it in my dredge sluice to knock down my cons to carry out. It works amazing , fast, and is easy to clean out. Most importantly didnt have a spec in the tailings, i meen it wasnt a huge cleanout, maybe a 1/4"oz but everything else i treid always lost sum.

I use a le trap in my 6" as well.  This is a technique that I learned from Brian on the Akmining forum.  After all the carpet and removable rifles are out of the sluice I place it up against the flair where the water flows right into the sluice.  The le trap that I am using is at least 20 years old.  It was made in Canada, later they were made in the states.  I don't know where you can find the now.

Here is a photo of a small clean up.

image.jpeg

• Like 2

I have seen them at Alaska Mining & Diving, give Brian a shout @ 907-277-1741.

Good Luck

Happy Hunting

• Like 1

Yes Goldgetter, I agree the Le-Trap sluice is a good cleanup tool for field concentrates. We use them often here in the NorCal to reduce the cons from high-banking and dredging in the past.

In southern Oregon they area available fro Armadillo Mining in Grants Pass, Oregon. The one they show on their website is the river model with the end open.

http://armadillomining.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?item_id=am30&cat=16&page=1&search=&since=0&status=&title=

Mike

Thank u for the info guys. The NZ shop dosnt shop here. Ill give alaksa mining a shot when i got money to blow. Ive found them twice once on ebay and once on carolina mining somethin. Of course by the time i had the cash they sold. Kinda over priced now that there rare, ive been told they were only 90-$100. When i used it i was able to put my proline 6 sluice completly back together and just set it on top of my rifle system, run 1 motor at idle. Ive done the same with ez sluice, and a pretender le trap sluice had a litle different drop rifle system, i could watch the gold go right passed each rifle and out the end.lol. even treid the ez and then the copy cat and still lost some. Brought my keene mini max out once and it worked but made more work.....

Great thank u i knew i this was the place to ask. I have a couple other dredgers thats seen them in action and would love to have one also. I almost got a angus mackirk at one point, and im sure they work and the owner was real nice, but ive used the le trap and really really liked it, hate to get something a litle different when it just seemed perfect.

Struvk out with armidillo also. They got 5 on order and dont know when or if theyre coming in. The pattend switched hands and dont know when theyll be back in production

geez, you're making me seriously consider buying one, especially when I can get my mitts on it easily here.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Hepplewhite Explorations
      Since we cannot get out into the field to prospect properly right now, figured we'd share with you a piece of equipment we use for testing in our garage and also in the field for hard to get to places. Its great for hiking in, testing several locations and then coming back with larger equipment!!

Hope everyone is well, stay safe!

• By Jim in Idaho
      Along with working on the house this winter, I finally got around to drawing-up, and building a new driver for my shaker table.
      I really like Wilfley's designs, and wanted my driver to have the same adjustments as his. Working about 4 hours/day, it took me about 2 months to get it drawn and built, along with a few modifications that arose during the build. Finally finished yesterday, and made a video. I'm still polishing up the plans, and will probably have to disassemble it to take pics for the build instructions etc. I'll be selling the plans and, instructions at some point this spring, for the DIY clan.
      Jim

• By M1dn1ghtN1nj4
      OK, so this time around, I have made things a LOT easier to work with, and expandability is key here.  Sure, it's not huge, but for a portable system, this should work great.
      The key thing here is that I wanted a system that could be printed with little to no waste material, and yet have the structure and strength to hold up for a long time.  This is what I have come up with so far.  This will likely be my last design for this version.  I'm only tweaking a few dimensions here, as well as making new modules that can be added to it.

Features:
      Modules are 276mm long by 104mm wide, max height of 106mm (virtually) unlimited stackability Use modules in any order you want Use whatever sluice mat you want (to a point) Best used with a 5 gallon bucket (self-recirculating water system) Current Modules:
      Feed hopper Mat tray Bottom Support  
      Key note here is that those modules, even with the tilt, print FLAT on a printer, and unless something drastic changes, will require NO supports.  That means nothing to clean up after the print is done.  Pull it off the printer, and use it right away!
      The cutaway view shows you how it currently operates.  I did away with the "G-Force" drop whatever that the Gold Cube has.  I wanted better flow, and didn't think that part was completely necessary.  Some of those angles might change by the time the final version rolls around.  I am still waiting on my four 200GPH water pumps so I can physically test flow rates.
      I know this is still very small compared to a lot of the others that you can shovel hundreds of pounds a day into, but this is meant more for fine cleanup or to run pre-classified material through, although this should be able to do a bit of classifying on it's own.
      Also, as I design more modules, I might include a couple modules that will spray wash and classify before sending down the smaller material to be run over the mats.
      I would also like to design a sort of trommel as one of the modules.  Would have to be geared to run off of some water pressure, so I don't have to include a motor and all the electronics and extra building parts that come with it.  This is one part that would have to be made from metal, as anything printed would get destroyed very quickly, so I'm still contemplating this one.  Remember, this system isn't meant to drop boulders into.  I'd say you can safely feed in no larger than 8-mesh material.  Depending on water flow, you might get away with 4-mesh, but I wouldn't count on it.
      More info coming as I get more work done, and get a chance to print some physical models.

• By Robert Chernish
      Hey Guys,
      One day I didn;t have my pan so I used my shovel to pan, and it worked quite good.

Check out the video and subscribe if you want more gold videos:

• By strick
      I'm not much of a sluicer. I'd rater be looking for nuggets with my detector. I like gold I can pick up with my fingers lol. My wife bought a small Keene sluice box several years ago and we set up a recirculating system at home where we could run some dirt at our leisure just for fun. I never really liked my home made set up. Although it worked it was slow..It was like a mini high banker made with stuff I got at the local hardware store. I  was wanting something more efficient. In my search I found Gold Fox USA. There is also an Australian version that is the same company with a dealer who distributes for them in Oz. 
      I wont go into a lot of boring detail...you can go to their web site and face book page or youtube for that...However I would like to say that so far I am very happy with this little set up. I can run unclassified material through this sluice extremely fast. The trommel is five inches in diameter. I've only used it three times so far and time will tell on how durable it is but it seems to be very well built. The company has many different sizes and options available. They are fast and get the product to you when they say they will. If you have a question Kelly the owner will get on the phone and answer it for you. 
      The Lil Monster Deluxe comes with a 12v 2000 GPH pump. You supply your own power. I am using a RV deep cycle battery that I had laying around. I also bought a 700 GPH 12v pump and am using the two pumps together. The reason being is the material I am running is mostly clay and I wanted more water to help break it down. The only thing you have to watch is that the jets that supply the trommel will get plugged with organic material. They are easy to clean. In fact if you turn off the water supply to the hopper so it feeds the jets only...the water pressure is enough to flush them clean most of the time.  Give them a look. 
      https://www.goldfoxusa.com
      https://www.facebook.com/goldfoxusa/
      strick 

• By tvanwho
      I was just curious about the history of gold mining contraptions?
      How long have gold pans been in use?Who invented them?
      What did the Romans and other ancient people use to get gold?
      -Tom