Some buddies of mine that were dredging down streem from me last year let me use there letrap to do a cleanup from my 6, and man it worked great! Not a spec in the taillings and ive tested several other sluices and has found a disapointing amount in the tailings of others. I been keeping a eye out and have only seen one online shop have 2 in stock. Of course i didnt have the money to blow at the time and they both sold quick. Are they discobtinued?

• Like 1

Ya thats exactly what i was talking about. Thank u. I here ya seems odd having to cut it, its pretty flimsy to but it worked amazing. I just want it to drop it in my dredge sluice to knock down my cons to carry out. It works amazing , fast, and is easy to clean out. Most importantly didnt have a spec in the tailings, i meen it wasnt a huge cleanout, maybe a 1/4"oz but everything else i treid always lost sum.

I use a le trap in my 6" as well.  This is a technique that I learned from Brian on the Akmining forum.  After all the carpet and removable rifles are out of the sluice I place it up against the flair where the water flows right into the sluice.  The le trap that I am using is at least 20 years old.  It was made in Canada, later they were made in the states.  I don't know where you can find the now.

Here is a photo of a small clean up.

image.jpeg

• Like 2

I have seen them at Alaska Mining & Diving, give Brian a shout @ 907-277-1741.

Good Luck

Happy Hunting

• Like 1

Yes Goldgetter, I agree the Le-Trap sluice is a good cleanup tool for field concentrates. We use them often here in the NorCal to reduce the cons from high-banking and dredging in the past.

In southern Oregon they area available fro Armadillo Mining in Grants Pass, Oregon. The one they show on their website is the river model with the end open.

http://armadillomining.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?item_id=am30&cat=16&page=1&search=&since=0&status=&title=

Mike

Thank u for the info guys. The NZ shop dosnt shop here. Ill give alaksa mining a shot when i got money to blow. Ive found them twice once on ebay and once on carolina mining somethin. Of course by the time i had the cash they sold. Kinda over priced now that there rare, ive been told they were only 90-$100. When i used it i was able to put my proline 6 sluice completly back together and just set it on top of my rifle system, run 1 motor at idle. Ive done the same with ez sluice, and a pretender le trap sluice had a litle different drop rifle system, i could watch the gold go right passed each rifle and out the end.lol. even treid the ez and then the copy cat and still lost some. Brought my keene mini max out once and it worked but made more work.....

Great thank u i knew i this was the place to ask. I have a couple other dredgers thats seen them in action and would love to have one also. I almost got a angus mackirk at one point, and im sure they work and the owner was real nice, but ive used the le trap and really really liked it, hate to get something a litle different when it just seemed perfect.

Struvk out with armidillo also. They got 5 on order and dont know when or if theyre coming in. The pattend switched hands and dont know when theyll be back in production

I hope you find one.  They do recover really fine gold. 

I like to use the le trap pan for final clean up.  The front area where it is scored works great to get all of the black sand out.  The first pic is from a couple days.

The second pic is from what was in the sluice from the pic I posted earlier.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Sorry, I'm sold out but will hopefully get some more next season. 

I use them too for clean up in my operation of my 8" dredge..

IMGP0377.thumb.JPG.2455c8765552201e94eda40abb1ce4a3.JPG

I use them too in my clean ups on my 8" dredge...IMGP0144.thumb.JPG.98528daf5b846439cca19bee13903391.JPGIMGP0542.thumb.JPG.0007ecccc27a00720ad573923f75f47f.JPG

• Like 2