Speaking of the Le Trap, I am in the Chicken Gold Camp & the camp next store Gold Panner has 3 or 4 of them for sale in their store. Detecting up at Jack Wade & moving camp to the Walker Fork Camp Ground anybody around ? Only get internet while at the Chicken Camp or while in Tok once every 10 or so days so come look me up lets Detect.

Happy Hunting !!!!!

20190529_084938.jpg

20190527_154744.jpg

• Like 1

It is true American Mining does have the Le'Trap mold bought from John at Jobe after he bankrupted. However, before that, I was already making the Le'Trap. It is identical in design and has the same drops. Mine is identical to the original.  For the sake of not arguing, that mold American Mining has is not the original either. There was an older version before that. There are no patents on this and never were. The design is public domain.  I had many dealers ask me to make the Le'Trap when no one was making it for a couple years. They all asked me to make it about 8 inches shorter because almost all the Gold is caught in the first few riffles. 8" shorter does not make it catch less gold or work differently. Also the shipping cost to send the original  longer version was a lot more. When they are shipped they go by the shipping size. When a dealer buys them even in bulk, the cost to reship them is high.

When Michael bought the mold , John from the closed Jobe never told him that I was already making them. John came to my shop and seen mine and tried to get me to sell exclusively to him. I said I would sell them to him at a jobber price and I guess he didin't like that. Michael found out the night before that I was making them. I was asked by dealers to make a mini version for backpackers, which I did. It has the same drops and riffle design but weighs less than a pound. Side by side they do the same thing and catch the same amount of Gold. I think they are both good products. If you put them side by side they will catch the same gold.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

It should be noted that what you are selling are modified copies of the original Le Trap sluice. The original is being sold by American Mining Supply at this link.

I also am not trying to argue, just wanting people to be clear on what is being sold. You mentioned your sluice is shorter so how can it be identical? You say it does not matter but I think it does matter to people. Anyway, I don't mind you promoting the product here for free but that also means I have to be satisfied that people are getting the straight scoop on what is being advertised. Thanks for the clarification.

I advertise that mine is 8 in shorter. But the drop Riffels are exactly the same. If you look at most of the pictures out there, the gold is caught in the top part of the riffles. Other than that being a few inches shorter at the exit end,  it doesn't change the way the sluice box works at all. My response to was just to make sure that everybody had the real story and there was no misunderstanding of how mine came about. If somebody wants a longer one then buy the longer one. If someone wants the shorter one or my mini Trap, which catches gold amazingly too, then mine is available.  Just want to be fair to everyone and have an honest understanding of how the le trap works. 

• Like 2

You are right about nothing being in the lower 8" or so. When I got my second LeTrap, the first thing I did was cut off the lower section.

On the full length one, just before I got ready to empty it, I would flush out the bottom 4 riffles.  That much less to pan.

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

So how do I know if the one I can purchase is an original one or this new copy of one?

The one my dealer has in stock is the RIVER and BANK ROBBER sluice is made of light weight wear-resistant green plastic. 16 inches (407 mm) wide and 48 inches (1220 mm) long but weighs only 1.8 kg.

He also has the Le Trap gold pan in stock, it's an interesting looking thing? what are peoples thoughts on it? It's a good price.

products-file_32_7.jpg

Here is a video where my dealer shows how to cut the Le Trap for river use, it shows the model of Le Trap he has in stock in the video, I've been considering getting one for taking hiking as my Keene Sluice is just too arkward and heavy for hiking too far.

Here is the Geo Sluice version for you cut at your request. We sell both.

Le trap Large Green 3.png

I use a Le Trap pan for final clean up at home, showed a picture of it in my earlier post in this thread.  In the bottom it has circular grooves that hold gold great and it is easy for me to wash of cons.  It also has pour spout off the back for water and waste.