Sign in to follow this  
Mike Hillis

My Trx Bullseye Pin-pointer Is On The Fritz

I normally run my pin pointers on vibrate only.   At some point in the past 3 months I managed to change my TRX to beep and vibrate.     When I got tired of it I found my instructions to change it back to Vibrate only and low and behold, the current option is the only option it will give me.    When I try to cycle through the target response options it only cycles through the beep and vibrate mode.   Will not cycle through all the options.   I thought it might be low batteries but a battery change out made no difference.

I've never submerged it so water wouldn't be a issue.   Any ideas?   

Guess I'll have to cough up some money and send it off to Whites to get fixed.

Bummed me out, I can tell you.    I had to leave it at home and start using my Tek-Point which I don't like to use for jewelry hunting as it isn't as sensitive as the TRX on the small gold items.

HH
Mike 

I don't know how to overcome this issue, but White's might.  I wonder if there is a (hidden) factory reset sequence.  (If you leave the battery out long enough would that effectively be a reset?)  You were going to need to call them to get a return authorization anyway.  Maybe talking to a tech or engineer first would save all concerned a lot of effort/expense.

• Like 1

Hey Mike, best bet is to call the factory and ask to talk to a repair tech - 541-367-6121.

For reference here is a YouTube video that goes through the menu system - 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

I don't know how to overcome this issue, but White's might.  I wonder if there is a (hidden) factory reset sequence.  (If you leave the battery out long enough would that effectively be a reset?)  You were going to need to call them to get a return authorization anyway.  Maybe talking to a tech or engineer first would save all concerned a lot of effort/expense.

See the following  links.

http://forums.whiteselectronics.com/archive/index.php/t-71720.html?s=5fda398530e8ccfb77f5a14f4a4bdc89

http://forums.whiteselectronics.com/archive/index.php/t-71601.html

• Like 3

The video was what I needed.   Thanks Tom.

Evidently I was experiencing an ID.10T error.   I didn't know what I was doing.   I'm now back on vibrate and good to go.   the TRX is working fine, its the operator that has the problem.  HA.    

HH
Mike

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By cjc
      My old model CTX leaked in salt and the plate that goes into the cell (housing side) has been eaten off. Anyone have this problem and find a way to restore ;contact?   I'm looking at a bit of copper wire in the slot to contact where the plate sat...brutal makes me sick how bad this gasket seating is on this model.  Ive tried everything to keep it dry. 
      cjc
    • By dewcon4414
      Well i wondered when this would happen.   Ive got at least 700 hours on my Nox ... but this morning in shallow water she let me down.  Top part of the cuff broke off.   The cuffs are really to far apart and with the torques we put on them back and forth you may consider a metal one a better choice if you water hunt.   Kind of bad, i wanted to hunt with a couple of people from a few hours away who came for a few day and hadnt been able to because of the less that great weather.   So about an hour into it........ ugh.   But i kept pushing it along...... in the wet sand.   At least i got a 1.4 gram 18K (750) necklace charm for all that work lol.   Got home and called Jamie at ML........ new one coming Monday.   How bout that for FAST?  Thanks ML.    At least there were finally some trash to at least chase around so ...... road trip again tomorrow.   Like most of us ive got a few cuffs laying around.

• Guest Paul (Ca)
      By Guest Paul (Ca)
      Hi Steve,
      Wanted to share with you an issue you may have when detecting the sands of Hawaii, I found this out this past Sunday when hunting a California beach.
      No matter how careful you are with keeping sand away from the shaft it will be in there and be almost impossible to get out, The find ocean sand will find it's way in there especially the cam locks boy was it a nightmare getting the find grit out even after washing down the detector and shafts.. 
      In fact, Scratched the shafts that will be the last time I take the ATX to the ocean.  Fresh water lake sand isn't as fine as ocean wet sand so lake sand can be washed off allot easier, If you can hip mount your detector for the ocean wet sand.
      If not, Prepare yourself for punishment.
      If anything, Enjoy your time there and take another detector if you can't get the ATX hip mounted in time.
      Paul (Ca)
    • By Ringtail
      After 5 trouble free years my original Garret Pro-pointer II (the black one) finally stopped working properly.  I replaced it with an AT Pro-pointer (the orange one). I like it but the battery life is not as good. The factory installed battery was not alkaline so I wasn’t surprised when that died quickly. I replaced it with a fresh alkaline and it died in about a month. 
      Has anyone else noticed poor battery life on the AT Pro-Pointer?
      Joe

Garrett Pro-Pointer II Pinpointer for Metal Detectors

Garrett Pro-Pointer AT Pinpointer for Metal Detectors
    • By RevIza
      After researching I purchased my first detector Oct. 2, the Equino 800. The second time in the field, fully charged,  the display faded to blank. Being unfamiliar with the machine, I thought I did something. turning it off and on again brought the screen back. I was on a trip and doing my first detecting in Nevada sun and it happened again. The audio was fine, screen blank. Got home and went to the beach after 10 minutes, the same thing. Reset unit and it worked for the next two hours just fine. 
      I contacted ML and they sent me a pre-paid UPS ground label to send the control pod unit in for repair. So it appears, just in shipping time alone, the detector will be away as much as I've had it in my hands so far.
      Of course I'm a bit disappointed in not being able to go detecting and am experiencing some buyer's remorse. I am now wondering if I made the right choice in detectors. Maybe in the mad rush of hype and sales of the EQ, Minelab's quality control is slipping? 
    • By Iain
      I recently lost sound whilst detecting. The detector was working just fine. I turned it off after finding 3 small pieces of gold to have some lunch. After i turned it back on and went through the quick start process it just dropped sound. Only noise i got was turning the wireless off and on. Then the detector would shut down without removing the battery. I tried to reset, also didn't work. Very frustrating as i was on a good area and had driven 560km. Please advise as im at a loss. The detector hasn't been used more than 20 times, ie brand new.