My Trx Bullseye Pin-pointer Is On The Fritz

I normally run my pin pointers on vibrate only.   At some point in the past 3 months I managed to change my TRX to beep and vibrate.     When I got tired of it I found my instructions to change it back to Vibrate only and low and behold, the current option is the only option it will give me.    When I try to cycle through the target response options it only cycles through the beep and vibrate mode.   Will not cycle through all the options.   I thought it might be low batteries but a battery change out made no difference.

I've never submerged it so water wouldn't be a issue.   Any ideas?   

Guess I'll have to cough up some money and send it off to Whites to get fixed.

Bummed me out, I can tell you.    I had to leave it at home and start using my Tek-Point which I don't like to use for jewelry hunting as it isn't as sensitive as the TRX on the small gold items.

HH
Mike 

• Like 1

I don't know how to overcome this issue, but White's might.  I wonder if there is a (hidden) factory reset sequence.  (If you leave the battery out long enough would that effectively be a reset?)  You were going to need to call them to get a return authorization anyway.  Maybe talking to a tech or engineer first would save all concerned a lot of effort/expense.

• Like 2

The video was what I needed.   Thanks Tom.

Evidently I was experiencing an ID.10T error.   I didn't know what I was doing.   I'm now back on vibrate and good to go.   the TRX is working fine, its the operator that has the problem.  HA.    

HH
Mike

• Like 4

• 8 months later...

Hello.

Good to know Mike Hillis problem is solved and good to know the TRX is working as it should.

Very good help from the users here, thank you.

When the TRX arrived I had a www search for files about the TRX and down loaded a extended user manual for the TRX,

but cann't remember where?? But for those who are interested I'll attach this here. (hope this is legal !?)

May be it will help some other users, too.

White's TRX_Extended_User_Manual.pdf

• Like 4