Twelve Days Of Nugget Shooting - Lyrics

mn90403

Lunk has inspired me to start a thread about the Twelve Days of Detecting (it is the season as he says)!

So, to start off the 'contest' we need suggestions for the lyrics that go with:

On the first day of nugget shooting my detector gave to me ...   ????  (On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me a partridge in a pear tree ... got it?)

Let's pick out the best one and then a couple of days later we'll move on to day 2.

I think we should leave day 5 lyrics just as they are ... 5 Golden Rings!

• Like 3

A nice nugget in Alaska tundra... not a tree

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, kiwijw said:

On the first day of nugget shooting my detector gave to me.....a hand full of shotgun pellets & a sting from a bloody honey bee. :laugh:

JW :smile:

D'oh..! That's the second day of nugget shooting, assuming hand full = two.. :laugh:

Swamp

• Like 1

...a lead shard the size of a flea.

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, kiwijw said:

On the 2nd day of nugget shooting my detector gave to me......a migraine headache, another handful of pellets, the pick into my shin,? So I wrapped it around the nearest bloody tree. :laugh:

JW :smile:

D'ohhh..! That's the fourth day of nugget shooting (...sends kiwijw a pdf re lyrical structure & composition..) ?

Swamp

• Like 1

Remember everyone, the first day of hunting gets repeated 12 times to finish the song!

Also, I see now that I said on the first day of nugget shooting ... the first day of detecting will do.

On my first day of de tec ting my de tector gave to meeeee a bulletshell in a willow tree!  (Let's use a bit of the verse already written for us.  haha) 

Let's have suggestions other than bulletshell and then we'll move on to day two.