Old Santy Crashed His Sleigh One Night

Lanny

We've had the great pleasure of reading your countless narratives about searching for those sassy gold nuggets in the wilds of British Columbia for many years now Lanny. It has been an indescribably wonderful experience. Your literary work rivals or surpasses anything I've ever read.

And of course, each year we look forward to reading your latest Christmas poetry, it is an established ritual with us. Christmas wouldn't be the same without you in it. :smile:

Your admirers,

Jim & Joanne Hemmingway

• Like 2

17 hours ago, phrunt said:

holy, did you write that Lanny? I thought you just copied and pasted it from somewhere!!!

Outstanding.

Hi Simon

Yes, I wrote it. So many thanks for your kind words.

I grew up in the West, and we always ran a small herd of cattle; I've always had horses to run with those cattle as well, still do. Furthermore, there are some of the largest ranches in my area only minutes away, so I got to spend time rubbing shoulders with some of the genuine old cowboys, so I've picked up some Western slang as well.

1747014884_Cowboy1888.thumb.jpg.bb03cf14179c0d3dd49eb7c8f900534e.jpg

716476503_Brandin1888.thumb.jpg.f3b200810dcb68e1bc5c575005674ac1.jpg

(Pictures thanks to Wiki-commons, 1888.)

As for the prospecting poetry, I've fired off a poem or two, generally at Christmas time, just to have a little fun playing with words every once in a while.

Thanks again, and all the best,

Lanny

P.S. I'll post what I believe is my favourite Christmas Western/Prospecting Poem I've composed so you can have a gander.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jim Hemmingway said:

We've had the great pleasure of reading your countless narratives about searching for those sassy gold nuggets in the wilds of British Columbia for many years now Lanny. It has been an indescribably wonderful experience. Your literary work rivals or surpasses anything I've ever read.

And of course, each year we look forward to reading your latest Christmas poetry, it is an established ritual with us. Christmas wouldn't be the same without you in it. :smile:

Your admirers,

Jim & Joanne Hemmingway

Jim,

Your expressions of appreciation always astound me, and I'm grateful you enjoy my attempts at poetry as it's just for entertainment and my own enjoyment more than anything else, so I really am impressed by your ongoing kind words, truly.

As for poetry, some people like it, and many hate it, so that's why I always post it with a strong warning as I don't intend to offend by writing it, but to some folks it's like a strong deterrent to the enjoyment of words.

Thanks again, and all the best to you and yours during this festive season,

Lanny

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, kiwijw said:

Gezz Lanny....that is a yarn & a half. You must have been up half the night punching that one out. Good effort. Cheers. ?

JW :smile:

JW,

It was indeed almost an epic, but I kept it just under book length . . .

It did take quite a while to throw a loop around all those word in order to corral them to be able to slap a brand on them (having some fun with western slang, hope you don't mind).

All the best to you and the missus during this holiday season,

Lanny

• Haha 1