Hoard Hunters

1515Art

I've got one of Whites original TM808's, with Cave Mode. But, I'm always looking to improve, like all of us. I have great respect for Steve H., when it comes to detector capability.

Jim

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jim in Idaho said:

I've got one of Whites original TM808's, with Cave Mode. But, I'm always looking to improve, like all of us. I have great respect for Steve H., when it comes to detector capability.

Jim

I’m interested to hear what he would say as well. 

So would this be a FMF version able to use the D2 remote? That would be very interesting to see. I know nothing abut two-box detectors, but wouldn't it need to use very low frequencies to punch down feet instead of inches? Just curious about all this.

4 hours ago, ☠ Cipher said:

I received a reply. C05CAC69-D1A9-49C9-9FBF-08491DD3394B.thumb.jpeg.269efb343b55333bda9b6c770e631df7.jpeg

4 hours ago, ☠ Cipher said:

So that’s exciting. At least it’s still in development. What could be the holdup though. Seems a straightforward project for a company like XP. No word on which platforms it would be designed around or if it will just work with all of them like the mi-6. Have to wonder about cost also. XP can be pricey, but then sometimes they can surprise you and be reasonable. 

I got the exact same reply when I asked them about the Go Terrain app release.  

...just kidding.

Seriously though, I'm surprised that it's still alive but even more surprised that they used the phrase "near future".  Though who knows what XP defines as "near future" as the Hoard Hunter was first announced back in 2016, IIRC.

Thanks for sharing their response.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, I read with interest, and fully understand people are excited about new updates and future products, I can assure you XP are constantly working hard.

As with any manufacturer XP will not release information regarding updates and new products via e mail or public platform until it is time to do so. So can I politely ask for people not to send in e mails of this nature, as it ties up valuable resources.

Many thanks Gary

• Like 2

On 3/26/2023 at 3:48 AM, Gary XP said:

Thanks guys, I read with interest, and fully understand people are excited about new updates and future products, I can assure you XP are constantly working hard.

As with any manufacturer XP will not release information regarding updates and new products via e mail or public platform until it is time to do so. So can I politely ask for people not to send in e mails of this nature, as it ties up valuable resources.

Many thanks Gary

I see things a little differently. XP chose to put the cart before the horse, unveiling this product, along with another as yet unrealized product, the Go-Terrain App, back in 2016. I think it’s reasonable to begin to question after 7 years, is this product still under development. It’s also been nearly a year since the Deus II had any of its issues addressed, and no shortage of people are worried it is headed in the same direction, but I digress. A track record is developing. Of course from time to time people are going to begin wondering and inquiring. 7 years is a long time between product unveiling and wherever it is now. I think XP owe an explanation or update that should not even have to be solicited for, but I am grateful they did respond. 

Many inquiries are complaints in disguise. XP would be wiser than companies like Whites, Tesoro, and even First Texas Products to recognize, heed and internalize that. Each of those companies started to go off the rails when they became flippant about consumer wants and needs. When they became bigger than all that. Communication is one tool the consumer has before deciding to look elsewhere. If XP is getting so much email that it’s distracting from their ordinary course of business, they might consider whether they could issue an update, even if it is perfunctory. 

• Like 2

On 3/26/2023 at 12:48 AM, Gary XP said:

Many thanks Gary

Different peoples and cultures have a vast difference of opinion of about what hard work actually is, enough said.But to be fair there is a flip side to that coin....When it comes down to brass tacks with xp quality is better than quantity.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...