I Like My Little Compadre

49 minutes ago, kac said:

Doesn't that use the epsilon coils or are they hard wired on it?

Gold should fall between the nickel lines and platinum hits on higher line about where square tabs hit.

Coils were hard-wired.  I had one that I added a coil connector and a couple other mods.  Was a fantastic machine with a cleansweep coil!!!  

Ive found gold jewelry with the compadre that disced out anywhere from the n in iron all the way up to top of the zinc cent area. .  Majority is probably from foil to nickel but depending on alloy and size it can be almost anywhere.  Thats the fun right!!!?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Noah (FL) said:

Did you buy my modded Compadre?

EDIT....just saw your other post so it isn’t mine cause that was 4-5 dats ago that mine sold. 

What size coil did you get?  I’ve only ever used the 5-3/4 and the cleansweep. 

I wish I had seen yours for sale. Sounds cool. The one I bought has the 8” coil. I just do beaches so I was missing my old Sovereign GT and thought the Compadre would be a lot of retro fun.

I would like to find a Tesoro Mojave to play around with. Anybody have one for sale?

19 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I have archived the entire Tesoro website "just in case".

That was a great idea Steve. Thanks for your time in doing that. Good luck!

45 minutes ago, BeachHunter said:

I wish I had seen yours for sale. Sounds cool. The one I bought has the 8” coil. I just do beaches so I was missing my old Sovereign GT and thought the Compadre would be a lot of retro fun.

I would like to find a Tesoro Mojave to play around with. Anybody have one for sale?

They pop up from time to time on eBay and the various treasure classifieds sites. I’ve got 2 but I will probably never sell them.  I always take one when I travel, and with Tesoro probably going away the “spare” is going to live in its box in the closet incase something bad ever happens to my main.  

My friend has an 8” Compadre and we tested his vs mine with the smaller coil and there is very little difference between the two.  8” may be a tad deeper. Small may be a pinch better on tiny bits and separating targets but all in all both are great lil’ beepers.  

Hope you enjoy it!!!

• Like 1

Jewerly on my Tejon seems to be in a narrower area. The Tejon rings loud and clear on small earings etc even tiny foil bits where my AT Pro is much more pronounced on copper and silver. My guess is the higher frequency of the Tejon at 17.5 ghz is more of the difference. The Tejon can actually pick up my hand if I pass it over the coil!

For depth, too bad you couldn't put in a manual gb knob. That would really be sweet and certainly help on depth not that you really need depth for park hunting.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Noah (FL) said:

They pop up from time to time on eBay and the various treasure classifieds sites. I’ve got 2 but I will probably never sell them.  I always take one when I travel, and with Tesoro probably going away the “spare” is going to live in its box in the closet incase something bad ever happens to my main.  

My friend has an 8” Compadre and we tested his vs mine with the smaller coil and there is very little difference between the two.  8” may be a tad deeper. Small may be a pinch better on tiny bits and separating targets but all in all both are great lil’ beepers.  

Hope you enjoy it!!!

Thanks Noah! If you ever get to the point of letting one of your Mojave’s go? Well you know, PM me.

Best of luck Noah!

• Like 1

Well I ended up returning the first eBay Compadre as it wasn’t up to its description. The gentleman agreed and gave me an instant refund. So found another at Transbay Metal Detectors where Greg talked with me for about 30 minutes on the phone. He’s a very knowledgeable guy when it comes to detectors and kind enough to give you his time and share his experience.

Greg sent to me a new open-box Compadre in perfect condition and also included a new Black Tesoro hat as well as a few other goodies. One of my better eBay purchases.

The Tesoro Compadre is tiny. I’d never actually held one in person, so I was totally blown away on its diminutive size. I’m looking forward to the first session with it, in a few minutes, in the backyard. Thanks guys & gals!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BeachHunter said:

Well I ended up returning the first eBay Compadre as it wasn’t up to its description. The gentleman agreed and gave me an instant refund. So found another at Transbay Metal Detectors where Greg talked to me about 30 minutes on the phone. He’s a very knowledgeable guy when it comes to detectors and kind enough to give you his time and share his experience.

Greg sent me a new open box Compadre in perfect condition and also included a new Black Tesoro hat as well as a few other goodies. One of my better eBay purchases.

The Tesoro Compadre is tiny. I’d never actually seen one in person so I was totally blown away on its diminutive size. I’m looking forward to my first session with it in a few minutes in the backyard. Thanks guys & gals!

I thought you were trying to get a Mojave?  Congrats on the purchase and please let us know how you like at the beach or wherever you use it. HH

• Like 1

Think I would get sidetracked and snag it too if it came with a Tejon. 

They don't do anything different on the Back series on that electronic wise do they?  Doesn't it just have the DD coil and a new paint job?

In any case those analog machines really shine with the lithium rechargeable, just make sure they are the 1.5v aa's.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The Seeker said:

I thought you were trying to get a Mojave?  Congrats on the purchase and please let us know how you like at the beach or wherever you use it. HH

I was but only found one that was way outside my comfort zone price wise. I started researching the Compadre and was convinced it would be a good choice of performance and price.