Nokta Fors Series Discontinued

It should be obvious that the new Nokta / Makro Kruzer and Anfibio models would end up replacing the older Nokta FORS series. The Anfibio 19 is a direct replacement for the 19 khz FORS Relic.

It all started for me back in 2014 with the new to me 15 kHz Nokta FORS Gold. I knew immediately this company was going places and they have not disappointed in the four years since. Pretty amazing really how quickly this company has advanced compared to the competition.

The 15 kHz Nokta FORS CoRe was out at the same time as the FORS Gold and is almost the same detector.

The FORS Gold was replaced by the 19 kHz Nokta FORS Gold+

The 19 kHz FORS Relic was an offshoot of the Gold+

Anyway, none of this should be a surprise since we knew the FORS models were fading away, but I was just looking at the new official combined Nokta / Makro website and the FORS models are no longer listed as current models. They have been moved to the new Nokta / Makro Discontinued Products Page.

post-1-0-85843800-1449942083.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wow that was a short life span for the Relic. I picked one up for a good price used awhile back. Wonder if such a short production run might make them worth something some day?  I like the detector as a back up to my Equinox. But now if something happens to it I suppose it won’t be easily repaired as I have to think parts will be unavailable. Kinda sucks for me and really sucks for people that paid full price for one. 

It only sucks if it breaks, and only then if you can't get parts.... which has not happened and never may. Lots of people own and use detectors that are not made anymore so no reason to worry much about it.

The Relic is a nice detector.

Nokta/Makro has been playing catch up and so model introductions were very rapid, too rapid for many people. I do think that will slow down now because at this point Nokta/Makro has caught up with or even surpassed most of the competition. Forging ahead will prove more difficult as they are now at the cutting edge, where advancement comes more slowly.

I understand people own detectors out of production, I own and use a Tesoro Stingray 2 and it’s a great water machine, but I knew that machine hadn’t been made in years when I bought it, but to buy one that barely has expired it’s warranty period and they’ve already discontinued it is kind of unnerving in that one that was made for 10+ years there’s lots of parts been made and units to get parts from, but one that was only in production for a couple of years parts will become scarce quickly. But oh well I bought it to use and while my Minelab Equinox is my go to machine, I still use the relic to go over the same sites and as a back up so that’s how I will continue using it. But I didn’t  pay anywhere near $679 bucks for it, not even close.  I snagged a 10x6” coil from eBay awhile back for $35 bucks for it. So I have the 2 that come with it (11x7”, 5” round) and the 10x6” for it. I like the detector a lot. Hate to hear it’s production run is over.