Metal Detector Database With User Reviews

• This topic was pinned and unpinned

With Bounty Hunter, Fisher, Garrett, Minelab, Nokta/Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro, White's, and XP plugged into the database I can now tell you that just between those few manufacturers (First Texas owns Bounty Hunter, Fisher, and Teknetics) there are just over 100 models of brand new detectors for sale. Yikes - no wonder people get confused!

• Like 2

It’s a work of art Steve, thanks for yet another great resource!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Keith, it may turn out to be but is still a work in progress.

It's not like it has not been done before but I think it has promise. I am doing this in large part because in the past this website was more prospecting focused. The slow pace of the industry made it pretty easy for me to just review every new nugget detector that came along personally.

Now that the website is expanded into all phases of metal detecting there is no way I can review them all, and frankly I am not inclined to doing many more reviews in the future anyway, being content now with what I have. This will hopefully keep the review bandwagon going by opening it for all to contribute reviews in a more organized fashion than is possible of the forums.

I have Tesoro done and Bounty Hunter, Fisher, Garrett, Minelab, and White's mostly done. Barely a dent in Teknetics. I made a few changes to the menu structure that put the new database front and center and my older reviews more in the background. Eventually I will have it all crosslinked anyway.

• Like 2

Bounty Hunter - got a good start

Fisher - all current models listed

Garrett - all current models listed

Minelab - all current models listed

Nokta/Makro - all current models listed

Rutus - Alter 71 listed

Teknetics - almost done

Tesoro - all current models listed

White’s - all current models listed

XP - Deus and Orx listed

• Like 2

Real Nice, thank you Steve, never seen a database that covers so many detectors...

• Thanks 1