Equinox Complete Carbon-fiber Shaft Prototype Is Complete (more Pics Added -- Prototype #2)!

steveg

Terry,

Sure!  

The Minelab middle and upper rod only (no lower rod, no arm cuff, no control box, no coil) -- 189g.

My upper shaft only (no lower rod, no arm cuff, no control box, no coil) -- 129g.

THANKS!

Steve

Ha --

Good catch, dew.  That WAS confusing, LOL!  Confusing due to some poor wording, AND also a "typo" on my part.  I had typed "the Minelab middle and LOWER rod," when I meant to type "the Minelab middle and UPPER rod."  I was TRYING to compare "apples to apples," but with my typo, that made it entirely confusing!  Further confusion was me saying "my complete shaft, without lower rod."  Yes, a complete shaft by definition INCLUDES a lower rod!

Sorry all, and sorry Terry!  I wasn't meaning to confuse!  I went back and edited my post, to make it more clear.

YES -- my complete shaft will include both a one-piece upper shaft, AND a lower rod.  My "upper" shaft will replace the "upper two sections" of Minelab's stock shaft -- i.e. Minelab's middle and upper rod sections.  Again, what I was trying to do in my post above, was to compare "apples to apples," by comparing Minelab's middle and upper rod weight, to the weight of my upper shaft section.  

So, to re-state, for clarity's sake -- 

Minelab's upper two shaft sections weighed 189g on my scale.

My upper shaft (which replaces Minelab's two upper shaft sections) weighed 129g on my scale.

For some additional detail, I weighed the Equinox, fully assembled, along with 11" coil attached, using my prototype COMPLETE shaft (upper shaft, PLUS 26" lower rod) -- and weight was approximately 2.75 pounds.  The same setup, but with the Minelab three-piece shaft -- i.e. the "out-of-the-box" configuration -- roughly 3 pounds.

Thanks, Dew!  Sorry everyone, for the confusion!

Steve

Pax --

My shafts are designed to use EITHER the stock Minelab arm cuff (which of course has the stand), OR the optional Herke arm cuff (which also has a stand).  So yes, either way, there will be a stand.  Here is a picture of the optional Herke arm cuff, installed on my prototype shaft.

THANKS!

Steve

HerkeCuffInstalled.JPG

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, all!

Just a quick update. Things are proceeding "nearly" on schedule; I expect shafts to begin shipping within the next 14 days. Some production progress has already occurred, with the rest of the shaft-building process to occur once the remainder of the parts arrive next week.

If you have mentioned interest in the past, please expect contact from me soon, so I can provide detailed information, and "shore up" my wait list. If you haven't contacted me in the past, and are interested, please let me know and I can put you on my "need to contact" list.

I am REALLY pleased with how the project has turned out! I think folks are going to really like these shafts!

THANKS!

Steve

• Like 1

pax --

It is a good question, you ask.  I have pondered many times about putting a payment link directly on my website.  The issue is, demand has been great enough that I struggle to keep enough items in stock!  And I don't want to be in a place where I have a pay link on y website, and someone then pays for a rod or shaft -- but I don't have any available in stock, to send!  

With that said, I'm working toward that...as soon as I can get my inventory built up enough to feel confident about having items in stock at all times.  But in the mean time, I have you on the list for a complete shaft, and you'll be getting one from the first batch. I planned to send you a PM within the next day or two, with more details, but I'll go ahead and send it now.  Check your inbox, for some info.

THANKS for your interest!
Steve