Is There A Clear Winner In Nox Waterproof Headphones

Dig It

Have been looking bck. at past post on waterproof headphones for 800 NOX. Just wondering if there is a clear winner ?

Depends.  Are you going to be using them under water at max depth or just want a pair for use while wading that can take a few waves?  Speaker types may not work well (sound) under water at max depth, but work great above water - better sound quality in my estimation than piezos.  Piezo types are probably better underwater.  Next step, decide on your use then read reviews - many on this forum.

• Like 5

Tony Eisenhowers are pretty good for volume for me.  I do have 2 complaints about them though.

1. The cord is too short for my liking.  

2. They do not fit my head well at all and as far as I can tell, there is no way to adjust them.  If they are, I'd like to know.  I cannot wear them with the headband across the top of my head.  I have to put the band behind my head and then the ear cups do not fit my ears well.  

• Like 1

I need a pair of waterproof head phones for mostly detecting in windy / rainy weather mostly, there is a chance of going in water to snorkel & detect, but mostly above water in shitty weather !!!!

Are those Tony Eisenhowers the phones with white ear cups ?

1 hour ago, Dig It said:

I need a pair of waterproof head phones for mostly detecting in windy / rainy weather mostly, there is a chance of going in water to snorkel & detect, but mostly above water in shitty weather !!!!

Are those Tony Eisenhowers the phones with white ear cups ?

Yes.  Tony's are white and are good phones.  If you just want something that has good volume and a long cord that can withstand the elements and take a dunking or two, I highly recommend the LS.Pelsos sold by KellyCo.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daniel Tn said:

Tony Eisenhowers are pretty good for volume for me.  I do have 2 complaints about them though.

1. The cord is too short for my liking.  

2. They do not fit my head well at all and as far as I can tell, there is no way to adjust them.  If they are, I'd like to know.  I cannot wear them with the headband across the top of my head.  I have to put the band behind my head and then the ear cups do not fit my ears well.  

You can adjust each cup, they slide up and down about an inch, look on the inside of the arms where they attach to the cups. I find the cord cord long enough ( I’m 5 10 ) I have used them underwater with my diy 12v hookah and they are loud enough for me but louder would be better.

• Like 1

Thanks so much!! I was totally looking in the wrong place for the adjustment.  These are different than all the other headphones I've ever used that have the sliding bands.  Neato...each individual ear cuff can adjust. I have it set perfect now. On the cable length, I'm just a little taller than you, 6' tall without shoes but it is a smidge too short for me.  It always pulls the slack out of it and is pretty taunt at just my normal swinging height. If it were any tighter it would pull them off my head.  Audio wise, I like them better than the wireless phones for normal everyday detecting.  I may pick up a pair of the Patriots to try them out.  Tony's are the best thus far between the yellow Minelabs and the Gray Ghosts, in my opinion.

• Like 2

Following up on my post above, I bought the LS Pelso WP headphones.  I don't ever expect to dive and only wanted a good set of  WP headphones for fresh and saltwater wading where I may have to dip my head under water to scoop a find or possibly rainy day detecting.  The Pelsos have excellent sound, the cord length is good for me, they are comfortable to wear for long periods and the price is reasonable.

• Like 4

Thanks everybody !!! Again you folks have come through with good solid thoughts and recommendation's !!! I think I can now make a good solid purchase that will work for me …..  Thanks Again !!!!!!!

Happy Hunting !!!!!!!!!!! 

• Like 1

Daniel the cable on the Hungarians I originally had was too short and I'm 5'8".  I used a heat gun to stretch out the last 6" or so of coils above the connector. Doesn't have to straighten out completely,  just enough heat to relax the coils a bit.