Australia 2019

mn90403

I think this is a reasonable video.

• Like 1

Well, I nearly always have sunglasses but that won't help against the falling branches of the eucalyptus trees.  It is one of the dirtiest, most dangerous trees to have in a yard and there are millions of them in their forests!

What time of year do their branches fall?  Any time the wind blows or just anytime?

Whenever God decides, especially if it is dry and the trees are stressed.

Now don't be worrying about falling limbs...as Doug constantly told me;  it will be right, Mate...no worries Mate!

Don't camp under the big trees.

Most of the areas I visited with Doug did not have huge trees, especially the Whip Stick area....

fred

1 hour ago, mn90403 said:

Well, I nearly always have sunglasses but that won't help against the falling branches of the eucalyptus trees.  It is one of the dirtiest, most dangerous trees to have in a yard and there are millions of them in their forests!

What time of year do their branches fall?  Any time the wind blows or just anytime?

They seem most likely to randomly drop limbs when it is stinking hot & calm. Obviously in strong winds & storms they come down, but those hot calm days I have been out bush and heard them crashing down.

You would be bloody unlucky to get hit with one, but you never know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, vanursepaul said:

They normally wait to drop until some invading Yank shows up. 

????

Most of the time its from the added weight of the drop bears waiting to pounce....?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Drop bear?

• Oh my! 2