Australia 2019

mn90403

Every year some of us have an 'opportunity' to go to Australia and prospect for a few weeks.  Some of us pull the trigger and some of us don't. (I'm not talking 'Paul' type of trip where you outfit yourself for months.)

Now is the time to book that type of trip.  I'm sure many Australians book trips also.

Which tour has the 'best' three week or so, all in or tag along trip and to what part of Australia?  We'd be bringing our own detector, a 7000 and just want to get put on or near a gold patch or two.

If you have been there and done that recently it would sure help to know your story.  Maybe this is the year to pull the trigger.

Mitchel

• Like 1

Most tours are already full , but you can try to get in to the tag alongs--- there is most likely some open somewhere in OZ--

but WA is not where you want to be--- too many snakes and bung-arrows,,, deadly beasts of all sorts....

yeah--Golden triangle is where its at ,or better yet Queensland ---- (tongue in cheek)

• Like 2

MN don`t listen to the lad, WAs where it is at and a tour is no doubt the way to go, the wife and I went with 2 WA and 1 NT tag along tours back in 98-99, we had a ball.  Not familiar with the current tour operators, go for an established one, I also suggest you move quickly before Paul cleans WA out, I spent this past season wandering NQ for only the scraps he left from last year.

• Haha 1

There is a thread here  https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?id=22783

where members have listed tour operators they WOULD recommend. There have been a few other threads about dodgy operators as well.  

Hope there is something there that is useful ?

• Like 3

Hi Mitchel,

Mate its to easy here in Australia you can be in the heart of the golden triangle from the centre of Melbourne Victoria in 4 to 5 hours.

Hire a camper from here, there are plenty of places trust me, grab a few maps and head out there and start swinging.

Just make sure you read your maps and don't go onto private land.

I would be more than happy to lead you in the right direction once you where here.

And the small townships are very welcoming and there always happy to give a LITTLE advice lol

Don't come in our summer to bloody hot.

Rod

NE, thanks for the thread.  I've heard about the good and the bad so to say.

Thanks Rod, I've always had a fancy to stay in Bendigo and drive to some places from there.  I think there are a couple of day trainers or something.

I've heard that where Paul goes he attracts all the flies so I don't want to go near where he would be.  ?

Mitchel

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, kiwijw said:

Hi Northeast, That link didn't work for me. Said it was outdated.

Just tried the link from your post and it worked OK.  Might be something to do with being in NZ - 3 hours in front but 30 years behind ?

Seriously though, I only copied it today and it did just work then so not sure?? 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, mn90403 said:

Thanks Rod, I've always had a fancy to stay in Bendigo and drive to some places from there.  I think there are a couple of day trainers or something.

If you come to Bendigo there would probably be a bunch of us that would meet you somewhere and have a camp.  Would be a good excuse for a meet and great.

And you could always book a day with the forum's Reg Wilson   https://www.diggerdownunder.com.au/

• Like 1