Wanting To Add A Third Detector

Hi Steve,

If there’s not too much snow on the ground I want to go up to Rye Patch to do some detecting this month (Dec). I’ve got an AT Gold and an Infinium (AKMD). I’m ready to add a third detector in the sub-$1500 range. In your opinion what will be a decent choice from the 2018 models/makes out there? I was leaning to the GB2 but any better suggestion will help.

thanks much in advance,

Morgan Evans

(from Sterling but wintering in Sparks this year)

JW,

Thanks for jumping in and for the leads. I’ve read quite a few of the reviews but haven’t looked closely at the Nox or Monster. I’ll go check them out and get back.

best,

Morgan

Hi Morgan,

You have a PI and a good mid-frequency model so a good unit over 30 kHz would round out your detector collection. My personal favorites at the moment are the Gold Bug 2, Minelab Gold Monster, Nokta/Makro Gold Kruzer, and White’s Goldmaster 24K. They will all do the job just in slightly different ways. The GB2 with 6” coil has always been a safe choice.

Fisher Gold Bug 2 71 kHz

Minelab Gold Monster 1000 45 kHz

Nokta/Makro Gold Kruzer 61 kHz

White's Goldmaster 24K 48 kHz

High Frequency Detector Roundup

gold-nugget-high-frequency-metal-detecto

• Like 1

Thanks very much, Steve. I think I'm going with the Gold Bug 2 for the high frequency. And I'm seeing the GB2 with 6.5" and 10" coils for about $750 on Amazon.

Morgan

• Like 1