Rye Patch Color

Wow, what a trip! A few of us got together for a little outing at Rye Patch and 9 days later I'm finally home. I was excited to run the GPZ on some proven SDC ground and was more than happy with my results. The SDC gave the GPZ a run for the money and it even skunked me one day. But, the GPZ can reach down for them deeper nuggets and hold its own on the shallow ones too! The SDC is just right for my Wife Robin and the GPZ gives me a good workout for a days detecting and a good nights sleep too! Here is the finds before one of our days lunch breaks! Until the next hunt

LuckyLundy

post-397-0-30066200-1427770884_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Good job, and it was nice to meet you out there, glad to see your finds kept coming!

WTG you two! Rick it was great running into you at C Punch in Lovelock. Looks like you've got your Zed dialed in pretty good; just got to get it over a nice fat one now...

Jason,

Hey thanks for helping me out with your GB2...one day I just might learn to pin point them little nug's with that big coil...see ya in the goldfields!

Lunk,

Just a matter of time, I know this machine is special and is starting to add some Wieght to the Poke!

Rick

• Like 1

Rick,

One of those nuggets looks very familiar! It was a pleasure meeting you and Robin and thanks for taking Lisa and I under you wing for a couple days. It's was very enlightening watching experienced prospectors work a patch. Next time I'll bring more beer and chairs! 

Chuck

Chuck,

Hey we had a great time with you and Lisa! I'm glad you found a handful of nuggets for your poke too. More beer is always good and thanks for helping me dig that nugget out when we met in the goldfield. If you can find me in the middle of the desert, your well on your way to finding a nice nugget! Post your nuggets on this thread is fine. Take care and talk soon,

Rick & Robin

Thanks Rick,

All cleaned up and ready for their photo shoot. The two on the right were with the ZED. Three on the left with the 2300. Finding Gold is Sooo Hard! This is three full days of heavy hunting. Having hunted and fished most of my life I will say that gold nuggets are the most elusive of all quarry. I'm learning to like the ZED. The smaller one was only 2 inches deep the larger was about 6 inches deep. This was my second time trying it. The first was in the foothills in a high trash area and I gave up quickly and switched to a VLF. Cant wait to get back out there!

strick

post-351-0-57671800-1427936855_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Strick,

I have a couple Buddies out at Rye Patch and invit d me to come back to hunt with them. But, I have a guest at my house with their new GPZ for some training in the morning. Toss them nuggets into your poke and think of your next hunt! Talk soon,

Rick & Robin

• Like 1

Nice pic Strick and love the railroad token. I've also hunted and fished my entire life, and birded many years to, but the hunt for the gold is just as intense and exciting for me. Seems to be a driving force in life now adays.

Good luck!