Anyone Tried Garrett Wireless Headphones On Equinox?

Bill (S. CA)

I have the zlynk system for use on another machine... just had to buy a new carrot (my old one developed a hole in the end, and while it works, it is a bit sensitive to falsing) so I opted for the zlynk carrot.  I am considering attaching the zlynk system to my Equinox so I can pair my carrot into my earphones... one more thing on my shaft, but it would be nice to hear the pointer in my phones.  I would consider the Garrett headphones if I did that. 

I agree Bill, it would be very nice to have them work together.  Maybe the next Minelab pinpointer will include wireless connectivity to the Equinox.  But I am a big fan of the carrot, and the zlynk technology... tried and true... at least for me.  ~Tim.

2 hours ago, Bill (S. CA) said:

Thanks, Steve.  I figured that was the case.  It would be cool if either Minelab or an aftermarket company would come up with a wireless alternative to the stock headphones. 

Hi Bill,

Hmmm... I must have missed something. There are many alternatives to the wireless headphones included with the Equinox 800. They are standard Low latency Bluetooth headphone, Low Latency being the key. There are many threads on the forum that discuss alternatives. Here are a couple....

• Like 1

Steve,

No, you didn't miss anything.  And having corresponded with you for several years I can say that you seldom do.  I was just wondering if a company would make Equinox-dedicated wireless headphones that would be an upgrade from the Minelabs.  Sort of like what several manufacturers/guys have done in terms of the waterproof headphones.  I just happen to be a big fan of the Garretts which fit well, are super comfortable and have excellent audio.  The Minelabs work fine for me so I'm not really looking to change to an alternative but if one came along that was Equinox-specific I'd certainly give it a look..

W

11 hours ago, Bill (S. CA) said:

Steve,

No, you didn't miss anything.  And having corresponded with you for several years I can say that you seldom do.  I was just wondering if a company would make Equinox-dedicated wireless headphones that would be an upgrade from the Minelabs.  Sort of like what several manufacturers/guys have done in terms of the waterproof headphones.  I just happen to be a big fan of the Garretts which fit well, are super comfortable and have excellent audio.  The Minelabs work fine for me so I'm not really looking to change to an alternative but if one came along that was Equinox-specific I'd certainly give it a look..

Well, there are a number of other wireless low latency BT headsets out there with different earcup sizes etc., for comfort, as Steve pointed out.  And as an alternative means to stay untethered to the detector, you can always plug a favorite set of wired headphones into the included ML wireless module that you can stuff into a shirt or vest pocket or clip to your belt.