Another Reason To Like The Equinox Target ID

This weeks beach hunt was split between the GPX and Equinox. The GPX scored 5 deep silvers, but this item is the reason I love the way the Equinox ID's targets. To some, they may not like the jumpy numbers on mixed metal targets, but I appreciate the added information, as I always like to be the one making the final decision to dig or not. The GPX would have read this as Iron, especially at the depth it was. But the Equinox read the copper content as well as the iron. Since I run with no discrimination, the detector sees both metals and reports them as such. That is a good thing. But I also like to run my iron volume on zero, that way I am not swayed by the iron sound to possibly not dig it. The iron numbers still flash to give me that information, I just prefer not to hear it. That makes these type of targets easier to examine. If you have not tried you Equinox that way, give it a try. For me it is one of those perks of a well designed machine.

DSC00304.JPG

DSC00306.JPG

• Like 9

Appears to be an old pocket knife to me. A really cool one. Nice find Schoolofhardnox! (If it's not an old pocket knife it's cool whatever it is?)

3 hours ago, fredmason said:

So, what the heck is it???

fred

3 hours ago, Tometusns said:

Appears to be an old pocket knife to me. A really cool one. Nice find Schoolofhardnox! (If it's not an old pocket knife it's cool whatever it is?)

Oops. Sorry, it is a pocket knife. A very slim one. Probably a pretty sharp looking knife in it's day.

• Like 3