Future Coil Sizes?

groundscanner

Lots of people would probably like an 8" or 9" round coil. The 6" is small and 11" large so 8.5" is just right?

Minelab announced three coils when the Equinox was introduced, the 11" round DD, 6" round DD, and 12" x 15" DD. All are now available. There has been no official announcement of any future coil sizes, though I have been lobbying hard since day one for a 6" x 10" elliptical. I would also like a concentric option if possible.

minelab-equinox-with-6-x-10-dd-coil.jpg.

• Like 4

Steve - I like how you actually plugged in the GM coil for effect.  Did you energize the control head too for curiosity sake or were you afraid that the earth might then get sucked into the resulting black hole.

Hmm, this gives me some ideas on how to punk some of my buds with some phony new Equinox coil text message pics... ?

I hunt mostly in plowed fields with old plantation sites. These sites are full of nails and iron.  While the 6 inch coil would be great an 8" coil would be a good midsize solution.

15 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Lots of people would probably like an 8" or 9" round coil. The 6" is small and 11" large so 8.5" is just right?

Minelab announced three coils when the Equinox was introduced, the 11" round DD, 6" round DD, and 12" x 15" DD. All are now available. There has been no official announcement of any future coil sizes, though I have been lobbying hard since day one for a 6" x 10" elliptical. I would also like a concentric option if possible.

minelab-equinox-with-6-x-10-dd-coil.jpg.

That would be the perfect size for my sites!