Tnsharpshooter

My Tarsacci Mdt-8000 Commentary, Pics And Videos. Unit Received 12-15-2018

This will be where I will post information.  I will try and answer any questions I can about detector.  Other folks who have experience with detector and wish to join in, by all means do so.

Should have detector today sometime.  Thought I would get this thread started to save time later.  I will only be using Tarsacci on turf, not salt water/sand application.

I may do some testing on freshwater beach due to lower minerals present.

For refererence  - Quick start guide

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12ecPA1jFF7JOGZLYYywMxZeeyW5qqkMd/view

User Manual

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jYhFnstUqLuo5eV28aEZsj9wfeY2TRt-/view

Tarsacci MDT 8000 Data & Reviews

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Received unit.
This is how it is packed.
Pics taken with iPad mini
Quality of pics could be lacking vs how this detector really looks here in the pics -fit and finish wise

wqvo0g.jpg

Headphones and pig tail

2mwv53m.jpg

Coil and coil cover

35jh74y.jpg

Control unit with upper and lower rods

16nhw6.jpg

Pic of back of control head

1z3bbx4.jpg

Charger box with batteries (2) inside

i5vtw2.jpg

Charger and batteries

5nn7ec.jpg

Backpack 

25svfgy.jpg

• Like 4

• Like 4

Checked connecting both pigtail for headphones and coil connector.

Coil connector on control keyed on top, is more or less idiot proof for proper alignment.

Pigtail connector not as idiot proof.  Pigtail when properly keyed and screwed up will extend straight down beside handle.  See this pic, detector laying on its left side.

xp4orq.jpg

Took my batteries 3 hours 10 minutes to charge fully.  I don’t know how charged they were prior to charging.

Here’s a real short video at night to show backlight.
Also I make some preliminary comments on tones of detector in video.

• Like 1

Seems pretty good so far, looking forward to seeing your initial testing.  It's a shame they used EBL batteries.  I can bet they are not 5000 mAh like the battery says, they're famous for overstating their battery capacity.  Even made the battery Hall of Shame for it 🙂

I'm not a big fan of the rear mounting to the shaft of the coil, It's the reason I don't like the GBP's 11" coil and it's nowhere near as far back as that coil, maybe there is a balance reason for it but it just seems odd, I'm sure you'll be able to review why they've done it.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Some follow up info.
Seems my unit didn’t come with protective covering on screen.  Have already applied protective covering.  After installation viewing is nice.
Menu is very easy to navigate.
I can say this only after playing with for 20 minutes.
Hardest part of navigation will be when selecting black sand and salt.  Still very easy.
Coil bolt holds coil in place with little torque.

At turn on battery level voltage and serial number with software revision number comes in screen.  My unit has teens serial number and seems it has revision 1 software loaded.

This detector how it feels and handles is deemed “precision instrument” imo.  Haven’t run any unit that has the feel this unit does.  Not CTX, not Deus, not anything.
Very rigid yet light with exacting feedback as far as sweeping vs holding detector.  NO SLOP whatsoever.
Camlocks  are adjustable for how tight they clamp.  So with some use break in, some small adjustment  may be necessary.  Folks shouldn’t overdo how tight they adjust them for closure.

Tones, you saw in video where I said sounds similar to AKA Sorex and MFT detector units.  This is a good thing imo.  I have stated on this forum and elsewhere how much I liked the tones on those units.  This sound here though not in all modes.

More later.  Need to put more time on.

• Like 2

Video showing some coins ID and 2 gold rings.

• Like 2

How about the basics? Who makes it? Where is it made? What is the warranty? Where is it serviced?

Great report David!

12 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

How about the basics? Who makes it? Where is it made? What is the warranty? Where is it serviced?

Don’t know the answers yet.  I will ask. And see.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Keith Southern
      Here's a video i did of the X Steve 
      Sorry its so long but tried to get in the attributes in under a hour LOL.
      50 gain and threshold 40 all potentiometers go zero to 50..disc point is where it just drops out

AIRTEST DEPTH
      Nickle 14.5" 
      Indian Head 13" 
      Z Penny 13" 
      Copper Penny 12.5" 
      Clad Dime 12.25" 
      Silver Dime 12.25" 
      Silver Quarter 14" 
      Half Dollar 15.25" 
      Silver Dollar 16.5" 
      .58 Cal. 3 Ringer 13.5 
      C.S.A. Rectangle 23" 
      U.S. Oval 25" 
      Breast Plate 23"

DISC POINTS WHERE JUST GONE 

Nickle 34 
      Indian Head 38.5 
      Z Penny 39 
      Copper Penny 43 
      Clad Dime 44.5 
      Silver Dime 45 
      Silver Quarter 46 
      Half Dollar 48 
      Silver Dollar 50 still solid 
      Coke Can flat 45 
      Square tab 34 

The X has very good Disc actually a sweet disc its gone when its gone on the dial just today I set my second disc on 38.5 to low/high tone a .58 caliber three ringer and hunted in a trashy area and picked some deep 3 ringers out by checking on second disc and if the tone was flip flopping I almost KNEW it was a bullet!! 

You can set the 2nd disc to break up (flip flop from low to high tone) on a target which I like for exactness or silence the target or accept etc.. 

If you dont want to hear a low tone for disc'ed items just turn the iron volume to zero.then its a single tone with full disc on either first or second disc. 

You can use both disc to create a notch window if you like to your exact requirements say nickles.Set first disc right below nickle and second disc right above or on edge of breaking then you have a user defined notch to check a target with . 

You push trigger forward to use second disc and pull for a all metal no tone accept all mode like a pinpoint.theres 2 triggers for either right or left hand operation. 

Machine is on 12 Volts with Drop in battery holder like say a Infinium with quarter turn door. 

The Gain control is the receive gain.A amplifier for the returned signal and can be tweaked for hot ground or more benign ground 

The Threshold is the depth/target size control and decides how weak a signal you can hear the lower you set it the more signal it takes to break though the higher you set it up to a point of say 45 the less signal it takes to over come it.even in deep woods EMI free areas you will overdrive it into instability as a sizzling chatter..Im running it right on edge of sizzle for best depth and even smallest of targets. 

The I've dug no big iron with the X since running it now about 25 hours.Even in my big iron sites.I hear it but know its iron by the way the tones sound even n just nail reject.of 20.And picked brass out of the sites of all shapes and sizes. 

Crown caps also sound ratty. 

The knobs are very tight and you can set them and wont bump them out of tuning..One thing to show the exactness of the disc is I can cancel a flattened beer can and still hit a Quarter Clean 

Keith
    • By Cleggy
      Can I reduce the sensitivity of my GPX 5000 but still keep good depth. 
      I'll show you the problems I'm getting in this video

• By Joe76
      In FNQ Australia, there are a number of properties you can go on & detect for gold. Most places are pay to detect & are well set up for camping with designated areas set aside for metal detecting, if you are fortunate enough to have access to private leases & cattle stations with gold bearing country even better again. Up until today, I had access to one of these private cattle stations to prospect on. Unfortunately I no longer have access, this is due to the fact there are still people doing the wrong thing while on these properties. The rubbish left behind at camp sites and open detector holes for cattle to break legs in is out of control. On top of that you got fence jumpers & poachers running a muck too. This is causing huge issues for for graziers forcing them to close the gates to everyone & in most cases getting access now, is nearly impossible. 
      I can't express in words how disappointing this is for us guys & girls who are doing the right thing, only to be told you can't detect at your favourite spot anymore because of w#%kers ruining it for everyone. So the quest for a new spot starts again....  Take only gold and memories & leave only foot prints. So we will all have somewhere to look for gold in the future!

• By Steve H
      Found this in P.A in family farm . Looks like a broke golden arrowhead . Not sure any ideas . It's was about a foot in the ground  solid the whole way through and very heavy . 

• By Tnsharpshooter
      https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?p=3118425#post3118425
    • By phrunt
      I was looking around the new Minelab website and I noticed they now say the Equinox is single frequency on Gold Modes, is this some sort of error or are new Equinox 800's coming without multi-IQ on their gold modes?  I found nothing wrong with MultiIQ Gold modes so I don't see why they'd change it.
      https://www.minelab.com/metal-detectors/equinox-800
      Detect Modes
      Equally adaptable for all target types and ground conditions:
      Park Field Beach Gold: Gold Mode operates the high single frequencies of either 20 kHz or 40 kHz to detect gold nuggets in mineralised soils.