Minelab Equinox Software Update

ChitownDigger

It appears to be the same software update as it said I have the current software installed when I ran it.

Probably just a bug fix for the down load itself.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2018 at 6:31 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

People were having issues getting the updates to load, and so this is very likely an update to the updater, not the firmware itself. The latest firmware as Jackpine notes is still 1.7.5

I did the update on a work computer, but I just started using a chromebook . Has anyone successfully updated their equinox using one of those?, or maybe I need to just run it and find out?

Guest Tnsharpshooter

How about this.

I had my Equinox loaded with latest version using older dated utility.

I downloaded latest utility with update.

When I hooked up my Nox, no update necessary.

So that would tell me hopefully, update hasn’t changed.

I've tried through Virtualbox with Linux host/Windows guest and wine emulation with no luck. Haven't used Windows in 15 years, but had to install it again on a separate hard drive just to do the Nox update.

67GTA, I’m a Linux man and can confirm I use virtual box to apply the updates to my nox 800, wife’s 600 and friends 800, so it does work.

i guess if you are having issues with virtual box and applying updates message me what the exact issues are and I will try and help m8

• Like 1

On 1/4/2019 at 12:36 AM, 67GTA said:

I've tried through Virtualbox with Linux host/Windows guest and wine emulation with no luck. Haven't used Windows in 15 years, but had to install it again on a separate hard drive just to do the Nox update.

67GTA, I’m a Linux man and can confirm I use virtual box to apply the updates to my nox 800, wife’s 600 and friends 800, so it does work.

i guess if you are having issues with virtual box and applying updates message me what the exact issues are and I will try and help m8

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Billythekid said:

Something hit me when I read your  post. I just did a fresh install of Manjaro KDE to test it out for a while. I still hadn't set everything up yet. I was having trouble getting my printer to show up in Windows 10 in VB and realized I hadn't added myself to the vboxusers group. I'm guessing you are 100% correct and it will work now if I try it again.

• Like 1