Four Forum Members, Four Gold Coins!

Four forum members (that I know of) have all found a gold coin in the last year! That seems kind of amazing to me, and shows that many awesome finds remain to be made out there after decades of metal detecting.

Dec 2017 Cal_Cobra Bucket Lister!!

March 2018 Cabin Fever First Gold Coin!

July 2018 The Seeker A Once In A Lifetime Gold Find

Dec 2018 strick Gold Coin Story

You guys are amazing - is there anyone I missed?

• Like 4

Funny you mention it....One of the 1st things I said was "it's still out here" so go get em people! ...Finding one will make you a believer for sure!

Strick

A couple of things that amazed me about my gold coin find was that the park I found it in is one of the toughest in our area. I have left that park many times with only one old coin to show for the hunt. The area I found it is right were my friends and I have covered countless times.

The other thing that amazed me was my research after my find that made me realize that loosing a $5.00 gold coin in 1910 is like loosing somewhere around $125.00 today. I’m guessing not many people back then were carrying around gold coins to lose in the first place. 

I was flat out shocked when I found mine.  Good luck to all in your search for one. It’s a high for sure when you  do find one!

Bryan

• Like 2

That is pretty nice to see "gold coins" still being recovered.

I had 6 customers find gold coins in 2018 that I know of.

Now that we are getting familiar with our machines, next year 2019 should be even better.  Especially since the 6" coil can hunt he trashy sites and the 15" can get the deep ones in open areas.

It is good to see the stories on your forum too Steve and I do try to get folks on it, but most just enjoy the reading and not posting.

Thanks for allowing us a place to post, read and dream.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Four Forum Members, Four Gold Coins!