Minelab Multi-frequency

MCH2

51 minutes ago, groundscanner said:

Xirgix,

Which mode is the top image?  Park 1?

Thanks!!

Yes, but also park 2 , field and gold have the same graphic,  only beach are different.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I ran a few test tonight and here is a captured picture of my Equinox in multi-frequency mode.  I couldn't get my capture to go higher than 20, but that is my computer hardware problems not the Equinox.

I also did single frequency captures and all look good but frequency 5, but here again I'm not sure I've got everything set correctly. 

Stay tuned

park 1 multi.png

• Like 2

I think it is an error to try to visualize the frequencies with a spectrum analyzer, it is better an oscilloscope, the output signal from Equinox is a square wave, the square waves are rich in harmonics, this generates a confusion in the signal display.

With the optimal VA setting: f1.7.5 Equinox 800  Park 01 program  ,Pic1

Equinox 800 Park 02 program  ,Pic2

Equinox 800 Beach1 program  Pic3

Whites Spectra V3 -3F multi,Pic4

Park 01.PNG

Park 02.PNG

Beach 01.PNG

Whites Spectra V3 3f.PNG

• Like 2

I'm actually in this to satisfy my on curiosity.  Not trying to prove or disprove anyone.  And certainly not to discredit other, in any way.:smile:

This software also has the capability to output like an oscilloscope.  I'll tinker more in the coming days.

Thanks for the message EL NINO77, I'll see if I can make those adjustments.

• Like 2

Using a dynamic microphone as the coupler is an interesting idea and looks like it works; but a simple coil of larger diameter (essentially, half of the microphone on a larger scale), coupled loosely, might give better results.  I believe Geotech (senior engineer who has designed detectors) said he created his own magnetic coupler to use in reading the Nox's output, but I don't know if he described it in more detail.  

I used the measurement probe as a finished product - a small external ferrite antenna with a Jack 3.5mm jack. from Tecsun PL 365 radio receiver. Desing... It s  a coil  ..whit ferrite core....

Januar 5 iphone5S 2019 003_DxO.jpg

Program Gold1-multi:

Gold 01.PNG

Program Gold2 multi :

Gold 02.PNG

program Gold2 - 1f-20 kHz  :

Gold 02 -20khz.PNG

Program Gold2 -1f-40-kHz :

Gold 02 -40 khz.PNG

• Like 3

Even though its been stated that using the Frequency Spectrum to see the frequency, is an error, I'm seeing the same results as EL NINO77.

I'm seeing a Visual representation of the frequency that is dominant,  where his (much better) is both a visual output and a numerical frequency HZ. 

I need to see if I can make my program replicate what EL NINO77 has posted.

• Like 1