Sign in to follow this  
Steve Herschbach

Lost Treasure Magazine Ceases Publication After 52 Years

Everyone who got the December 2018 issue of Treasure Magazine has a collector edition since it is apparently the last one. The magazine has been published in various forms for over 50 years. Unfortunately the company has closed its doors and both the website and Facebook page are gone. Sad to see another part of detecting history fade away.

lost-treasure-magazine-cover.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

This is sad news. This magazine was a major influence in my start of detecting as a kid. 

That stinks, thanks for the info... I just subscribed about 4 months ago....

Dave

Oh yes I too just added another two years on what I already had. Just think they had been sending out mailers for you to add more to what you already had.

Chuck 

Another lump of coal in my stocking this year.  It was an awesome magazine that will be missed by many.😩

The majority of todays readers are on the internet.  Even my own local paper "Idaho Statesman" is downsizing and they keep trying to get me to order the digital subscription.  I'm the kind of guy who enjoys a good read (paper or magazine) in the morning with my 2 cups of coffee.  So sad to see.

• Like 3

Wow, Tesoro is gone and now Lost Treasure. It is a sad way to start the new year. I was even lucky enough to have an article posted in Lost Treasure. Sad day for our hobby to lose both of them. 

The last issue that I received is the November 2018 copy. If there is a December edition I would certainly like to have one. Would anyone be willing to sell me their edition?

I too didn’t get the December issue either but that’s what you call life . I can say over the years it’s been great reading and I was getting it from day one .

Chuck 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Tnsharpshooter
      https://www.minelab.com/usa/go-minelabbing/news?article=352835
      05 Mar 2019 Minelab Returns to Detectival 2019 as Title Sponsor
      Minelab, the world leader in metal detecting technology, will be the title sponsor at Detectival 2019 from Sep. 13-16 in Oxfordshire, UK. Detectival is an annual event created to bring the world of metal detecting together on over 1000 acres of land with 600 acres of undetected, searchable land. This marks Minelab’s third year attending the event and second year as a title sponsor.
      “Minelab is thrilled to return to Detectival in 2019 as title sponsor. Our participation for the last two years has provided a great opportunity for us to meet both new and longtime Minelab users from across Europe,” says Ben Harvey, Vice-President, General Manager for Americas, Europe and Russia. “The entire Detectival team works tirelessly to produce the best experience possible and we are really excited about what we can deliver this year.”
      Detectival has grown from a gathering of UK detectorists to include groups around the globe, manufacturers and traders. The event features entertainers, caterers and a large amount of land to detect. More information about Detectival 2019 can be found at Detectival.com.
    • By Nokta Detectors
      Dear Valued Members,
      As Nokta Makro Detectors, we are committed to investing in process improvements that will benefit and support our end-users. 
      Due to the growing demand of our global business and our commitment to providing the best service, we are pleased to announce our new USA Service Center which will start servicing customers as of March 1, 2019.
      This will help us to streamline the repair and/or replacement processes and respond to end-users on a timely manner to provide them with the best customer service experience they deserve. 
      Please find below the contact info for the Nokta Makro Service Center in the USA and should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us directly. 
      NOKTA MAKRO SERVICE CENTER
      Email: service@noktamakrorepairs.com
      Tel: 706-619-2601
      Address: 7579 Nashville Street 
      Ringgold, GA 30736
      Best Regards,
      Dilek Gonulay 
    • By Tnsharpshooter
      https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?p=3072762#post3072762
    • By Swegin
      Looks like a new contest from minelab.  I don't know whats in a Minelab Mystery Prize Box.
      https://www.minelab.com/bonditreasurehunterchallenge?fbclid=IwAR3xAuOd4D-iNX1g-QoyKn07IBK3eKv4fQsmJDHb9d97i41g51ohF8YqLo8

• By Doc
      As previously reported in the post: 
      D’artagnon Jackson, Long Time Customer Of Doc, Scores First Beautiful Gold…
      Dar found a 1852 D gold U.S. dollar.   I submitted the find to Minelab for their Finds of The Month January contest.  Today Dartagnon received this email from Minelab.  Congratulations D'artagnon!  Doc