• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Fskafish
      Salt of the earth, gerry and i have never met nor have we ever even spoke until today, he and i done some horse trading today and i have to tell everyone about gerry. We corresponded back and forth threw emails for a couple days, he called me today and we talked for about an hour and i have to tell everyone here that he is a wealth of knowledge, and we talked like weve known each other for years.. what a wonderful man and the knowledge he has in this wonderful world of metal detecting is amazing.. hes prolly forgotten more then i will ever know, guys if anyone here is looking to buy anything in this hobby call gerry in idaho. I can honestly say ive spoken to the man one time and i have a friend forever..his passion for all things detecting is contagious and i believe you will feel the same, im lucky to have met this fella even though it was just threw emails and a phone call im excited to talk with him again. I just wanted to let everyone here know about my experience with gerry from idaho. Sometimes someone will come into yer life even briefly that truly leaves a mark, a positive mark and gerry done that for me.. check him out guys if u havent.
    • By Gerry in Idaho
      I've been selling Minelab detectors for 20+ years and most of the major brands as well.  One of my biggest gripes was their Customer Service and how crappy it actually was.  I do not expect miracles, but when other manufactures can have a detector fixed and returned within 2 weeks, why did Minelab need a month and sometimes 2 or even 3 months?
      At the last Minelab Conference I was promised things would change and the new man in charge would get things going in the right direction.  Phil Beck was the name given to take over.  I can honestly say that this promise has been met with all smiles.
      I sent a clients GPZ-7000 in for repair and was notified by my shipping supplier the day it arrived.  That afternoon I received an email from the Service Center in PA.  Later that afternoon I got a call from John (the service tech) who informed me of the fix and that he wanted to speak with me to double check if there were any other issues before he sent it back.  I was quite shocked at their speed, desire to make it right and professionalism. The next business day my detector was headed back to me with an email showing Tracking info and a few days later I had it in my hands.
      Folks this was Same Day Customer Service from a REPAIR FACILITY.....  Heck, if this is what I have to get accustomed to, then it is now up to the other manufactures to get even better.  Actually I realize it is not possible to get much better than what they do and I am ok with 1 or 2 weeks. 
      But for Minelab to go from shitty ass last (and they were for many years) to fighter jet FIRST FAST and even take the time to call me?  I'm speechless (me... never), and very impressed and happy.
      Thanks Peter for selecting Phil Beck to be the one to tackle such a huge thorn.  Thanks John at the Service Center in PA for being a Professional.

• By Tnsharpshooter
      https://www.findmall.com/read.php?89,2485451
    • By Tnsharpshooter
      Here.  https://tarsacci.com/
    • By Jim in Idaho
      Haven't been able to get on there for a couple of days. I'm wondering if they stopped having the forums?
      Jim
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Happy New Year!
      It has been a couple years of furious activity in a normally slow moving industry. We are in a Golden Age of detector hardware, with intense competition driving prices lower while fostering innovative new designs. Most of the action has been from manufacturers outside the U.S. - will 2019 be the year U.S. manufacturers strike back?
      It will be interesting but rumors are thin on the ground right now. New models appearing are niche models, like the new XP ORX, aimed at the gold prospectors. A new manufacturer has appeared, Tarsacci, with the new MDT 8000 that initially anyway seems to be aimed at beach hunters.
      The machine I most have my eye on is the upcoming Fisher Aqua Manta (or whatever it ends up being called). I am satisfied with what VLF technology exists now, so all I need is a PI detector at least as powerful as a Garrett ATX in a housing weighing under 5 lbs. I sold my ATX and currently do not have a PI and am waiting on what Fisher has to show before deciding what to do about that. F75 replacement? I will believe it when I see it but the Aqua Manta is all but assured for 2019.
      I lobbied Garrett for years to make a LTX (Lightweight ATX) but to no avail. However, with the new AT Max just out it does make me wonder what Garrett has up their sleeve for 2019. If not a replacement for the embarrassingly long in the tooth GTI 2500 than perhaps my wished for lightweight ATX? A guy can hope but I am not holding my breath. Garrett has pushed single frequency as far as they can so their next step will be revealing.
      Minelab is still consolidating the Equinox rollout and a raft full of new gold machines in the last few years. They seem well set at the moment. I wish I could get a SDC 2300 in a Eureka Gold box but that is one wish I doubt will be granted.
      Nokta/Makro? They have long been known to be working on a PI detector so maybe the new Fisher Aqua Manta will have a competitor? It is almost 100% that Nokta/Makro will release a true multifrequency detector in 2019 so there will be that to look for.
      Tarsacci MDT 8000? I will let the beach and relic hunters sort that out.
      Tesoro is gone now so we can officially ignore them without feeling guilty about it.
      White's I will continue to hope beyond hope that a working version of the Half Sine Technology may finally appear. Fingers crossed as always, but the odds are low. One does get the sense that White's really does need to hit a home run however so the pressure is on to get it out the door. This could short circuit other developments above were it to actually happen.
      XP just started shipping the new X35 coils and ORX model, so 2019 may be a quiet one for them.
      My plans for the year are very low key. Basically I am just going to keep an eye on the forum as moderator and work on building the website behind the scenes. I am very tired of all the brand name competition and this versus that stuff and am going to try hard to avoid engaging in discussions that are merely expressions of opinions. My goal is to look for people on the forum who need help with any detector of any sort, and try and help them as best I can without making them feel like I am judging their choice of detector. I just made a typical opinionated post and am going to strive hard for it to be my last. For 2019 my goal/new years resolution is to keep any posts I make to hard facts or adventure stories, and leave the opinion making to others. It could be a tough go for somebody as opinionated as I am! 
      And with that, best wishes for a great 2019 to one and all!!