Lost Treasure Magazine Ceases Publication After 52 Years

Everyone who got the December 2018 issue of Treasure Magazine has a collector edition since it is apparently the last one. The magazine has been published in various forms for over 50 years. Unfortunately the company has closed its doors and both the website and Facebook page are gone. Sad to see another part of detecting history fade away.

lost-treasure-magazine-cover.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

That stinks, thanks for the info... I just subscribed about 4 months ago....

Dave

Oh yes I too just added another two years on what I already had. Just think they had been sending out mailers for you to add more to what you already had.

Chuck 

Another lump of coal in my stocking this year.  It was an awesome magazine that will be missed by many.?

The majority of todays readers are on the internet.  Even my own local paper "Idaho Statesman" is downsizing and they keep trying to get me to order the digital subscription.  I'm the kind of guy who enjoys a good read (paper or magazine) in the morning with my 2 cups of coffee.  So sad to see.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, Tesoro is gone and now Lost Treasure. It is a sad way to start the new year. I was even lucky enough to have an article posted in Lost Treasure. Sad day for our hobby to lose both of them. 

• 2 weeks later...

I too didn’t get the December issue either but that’s what you call life . I can say over the years it’s been great reading and I was getting it from day one .

Chuck