Different Uses Of Highbankers Part 1

I have had some folks asking me how I liked using a Highbanker and the different uses. So I'll show a couple examples. I was using a Proline 3" ( That I bought from Bob at A.M.D. ) with and without pontoon package.

The 1st photos show me using it as a what I call a true Highbanker, I mounted the motor/pump on a treated pc. of plywood and drilled 1' holes around boarder so I could get it close to creek and tie it off so it wouldn't vibrate into creek.

Then I would level off small area to set up hopper/sluice bx., and would use a oversized milk crate to catch tailings and spread them out to make a nice working pad.

Next the digging and classifying into 5 gal buckets, I used the large classifier and dumped onto a tarp next to H.B. approx. 55 buckets. I believe that is close to a yard of material.

Start up pump run material and repeat. Photos show a good representation of this type of use as well as some tools of a Digger. And at end of day if weather to stay dry I would cover Motor/Pump with small tote and call it a day. I would take cons hm. and see if I had a good day or just a really good day of hard work. The dog was my best friend and bear watch Rocco...….

Next dredging with H.B. not using pontoon package. 

P6110156.JPG

P6110157.JPG

P6110154.JPG

P6110155.JPG

P6110160.JPG

P6290173.JPG

P6300178.JPG

P6110158.JPG

• Like 4

OK.  You showed me your rig, I'll show you mine.

This is actually a powered recycling sluice box along with a Mike' Trommel.  Same principle, but the water's too far away to pump.  Two partially filled 5 gallon buckets of water is all it needs.  There is a battery hidden between the wheel and the tub.  There is a system of tubs, screens, and two bilge pumps inside.  One is actually all it needs.  I have since replaced the sluice box with a larger Angus McKirk drop riffle sluice box.   It works great.  Trouble is, it's still within 100 yards of the river which is illegal here in California so I haven't been able to use it for a few years.

IMG_0328.thumb.jpg.b0308ea7050fc8b295ba6c8128c53c98.jpgIMG_0321.thumb.jpg.376acbc4ac931b1f02df2724e194c33b.jpgIMG_0329.thumb.jpg.f050d8aa690b8f6690f15d00fe6f5016.jpg

• Like 1

I truly hope one day Cal. comes to their senses and allows you folks bck. into the water. They just don't get it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Like 1