User Defined Program

Well after a length phone conversation with "Tinfoil" last night I might have programmed my range a little off.  Originally the gold range was 3-13 and the reason it was this range was, of all the rings I've found, all fell between those numbers with the exception of two wedding bands that rang up as 17 and 18.  Normally I dig quite of bit of pull tabs but wanting to cover more ground in hopes of finding a ring I limited the tabs I dug that day.  But during our talk he mentioned my range and then indicated that most chains might fall down to maybe a -2.  Jerry "Tinfoil" is one of the original ole timers to the forums and has a wealth of detecting knowledge that he has shared with me over the years.  Thinking more deeply, he is right as usual.

• Like 2

It is tough, I've found gold all the way up to 22.

1 or 2 is a common number for non-ring jewelry, for that reason if I had to pick a range, I guess I would dig 1 and 2.

With higher number gold, you know its going to most likely be a ring. Low number gold has all the fine jewelry including chains which can still pack on the weight. More variety.

If you dig 1 and 2, it can only be aluminum foil or gold jewelry. ? Pretty easy when you think about it that way. If you choose to actually disc out numbers, give yourself a bit of space so as to not clip signals 1-4 or 1-5 etc.

You may even consider just flipping over to the Gold mode. Since you are digging such a narrow range of targets, multi tone is of little to no use anyway. Gold mode has that analog feel which is great for sizing and returns the fastest numbers when the horseshoe is depressed.

After that it's just a numbers game, turn and burn. More foil = more gold.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Alluminati said:

After that it's just a numbers game, turn and burn. More foil = more gold.

Truer words have never been spoken. 

strick

• Like 2

Well I broke into my wife's jewelry box, not really, she dug out the gold bracelets and necklaces for me to test.  Sure enough they read anywhere from -1 to 3.  And stretching them out on the ground proved one thing, the equinox can detect the finer stuff.

• Like 5

The gold chain and crucifix I found back in April. The chain comes in as a scratchy unreadable target  to a 1-2 depending on which program I'm using. The crucifix is a repeatable 3-4  pretty much.

strick

20180422_111354.thumb.jpg.ab92b72700329fd8c7e74659a2b47afa.jpg

• Like 6

That is an awesome piece of gold.  To me that is very valuable.

• Like 2

Nice haul indeed!  I think it's tough to make a jewelry hunting program, there's far too many variables.  Silver dimes for example, I've had the shallow ones hit at 24, and deep ones hit at 32.