Eq Low Temp Operation

FWest

I don't recall if it was here or another website that posted about the temperature operating range?? I can confirm that if the temp is below 15F the EQ will not work properly. 

I went out early this morning to catch the low tide and found out. Once I warmed it up all was normal. Also the Sennheiser LL ear buds were not happy either. FYI. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, FWest said:

I don't recall if it was here or another website that posted about the temperature operating range?? I can confirm that if the temp is below 15F the EQ will not work properly. 

I went out early this morning to catch the low tide and found out. Once I warmed it up all was normal. Also the Sennheiser LL ear buds were not happy either. FYI. 

Looks like we both got out early today. It wasn't as cold as your day, but still around 28 degrees F. When I turned on the Equinox it did it's normal starting sequence, and then was ready to detect but the screen was completely blank :ohmy:. About 4 seconds later it woke up and worked fine. I've had the E Trac, the CTX and the GPX in cold weather, but they were better at tolerating the cold, although the E Trac screen did not like it much. I beach hunt once a week all winter long, so I hope it stays warmer than 25 or I may only be using the GPX.

1 hour ago, FWest said:

Yep.  That is right at the low edge of the operating temperature range:

Operating Temperature Range -10°C to +50°C (+14°F to +122°F)

Ref: p.65 of the Equinox 600 800 Instruction Manual

• Like 4

Speaking for myself, I know my Nox can operate at much lower temperatures than I can. Expecting an unseasonably mild  day here  today, so I’m excited to be able to get out for a while.