Sign in to follow this  
EL NINO77

Fisher Gold Bug Pro / Teknetics G2 For Meteorites ?

... Is Fisher Gold bug-pro / TekneticsG2 a suitable meteorite detector..?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EL NINO77 said:

... Is Fisher Gold bug-pro / TekneticsG2 a suitable meteorite detector..?

Yes, just run them in all metal mode and ground balance them.

• Like 3

Thank you for your advice ... SnakeJim ...

• Like 1

Any dedicated gold machine is a good meteorite hunter. Of course you will also find any other bits of metal that you may swing over. For chrondrites do not use any level of discrimination. I would not use any D ever for meteorites.

The area you are in will likely have all types of rubbish from a few thousand years of occupation and war.

Good Luck

fred

• Like 2

Yes, you are right, there is everything ... even when it comes from the locality .., Meteority is for me a new theme, sometimes there is some hot-rock, and I always tried to eliminate them .. I'm interested now. ..
 Fredmason ....Thank you ..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By 1864hatter
      So today I thought it was about time I took my 2.5 year old daughter out to my gold claim. The claim is in reasonably rugged country with steep slopes and dense vegetation. Most of the gold is found as small nuggets on or near bedrock. There was one spot I could think of that was within 100m of the road where a river bank had been washed out and bedrock was exposed. That said I knew I'd have to cut a bit of a track through the vegetation to get the little girl through.
      We got to our location after a bit of a scramble down a short but steep slope with the aid of a rope. Was a bit of a performance with a backpack on my back and carrying my daughter. I set her up on a grassy bank next to where I'd be digging and surrounded her with snacks with which to entertain herself. 
      As luck would have it I managed to uncover three small nuggets by clearing the gravels off the bedrock and detecting it. After about an hour she'd had enough and we clamberd back to my car.
      Needless to say, I'm very proud that she's now big and patient enough to take gold hunting!    
      Oh, we got 0.8g total. However in this case the memories (at least for me) are priceless. 

• By AussieDigs
      Hi Gals n Guys,
      First decent go with the Bug Pro fake today!
      Alot of trash. Bullet shell, lead, pot handle, square nails and plenty of tin.
      I ground balance to start with then from that point i keep an eye on it. Now, i run in all metal, gain at around 10-11 oclock, threshold only just buzzing.
      Mild steel trash can read around the 15-20 mark or around the 85-90 mark. I dig everything ATM to get a feel for it.
      If i was to detect gold, what would it read? With a really strong signal i switch over to discrimination to tey and ID.
      Have i got it right?
      Thanks guys.
      Al.

• By phrunt
      Note from moderator: The following posts were all moved from this thread to this location. It is worth a separate thread.

Seeing you're new to detecting you probably don't know about the pitfalls yet, there are fakes, fakes of many of the best detectors, here is an example
      Fake GPX 5000 for sale
      Whatever you do don't buy one, it won't work well for you.  Also if you're buying second hand Minelab are extremely helpful in verifying the detector you're buying is genuine, contact them about it! get the serial number off the seller, they can name the seller and where they purchased it from for you if it was a real one.
      I hope you purchased your Gold Bug Pro from a reputable dealer as it's also a highly faked detector.
      Here is a fake Gold Bug Pro for sale
      Fake Gold Bug Pro for Sale
      It looks like they're clearly made to be sold to the African market, note the Depar sticker on the shaft

Since its origins in 1976, DEPAR has been, and still is, Middle East, Africa and Turkey leader in distributing quality metal detecting technologies for consumer with its experienced personnel and succesfull dealer network and serves as an authorized technical service.
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Fisher Gold Bug Pro Owner's Manual, 4.55 MB pdf file, 40 pages
      Fisher Gold Bug Pro Data & Reviews
      Fisher Gold Bug Pro - Steve's Review
      First Texas (Fisher) Forum
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Fisher Gold Bug DP Owner's Manual, 1.86 MB pdf file, 40 pages
      Fisher Gold Bug DP Data & Reviews
      Fisher Gold Bug Pro - Steve's Review
      First Texas (Fisher) Forum
    • By Steve Herschbach
      I have now put enough time on all these units to at least reach a basic conclusion in my own mind. And that is that they are far more alike than different. Trying to get clear differences to appear in actual field use in highly mineralized ground is a true exercise in hair splitting.
      A couple detectors that can be added to the title list are the Teknetics T2 and G2 models. First Texas owns Fisher and Teknetics. The T2 is the predecessor of the F75. They are not exactly the same detector (they do not share coils) but almost identical in performance. The G2 really is just a Gold Bug Pro in different clothes.
      13 kHz - Fisher F75 and Teknetics T2
      15 kHz - Nokta FORS Gold and FORS CoRe
      19 kHz - Fisher Gold Bug Pro, F19, Teknetics G2
      In actual use the frequency just about says it all. The lower frequency F75 and T2 are just a tad less sensitive to very small low conductors, like a small gold nugget. The 15 kHz FORS is almost an exact match to the Gold Bug Pro/F19/G2 for sensitivity to small low conductors and so despite the bigger frequency gap I would say the FORS models come closer to the higher 19 kHz models than the lower 13 kHz models.
      I have to say it all just boils very much down to the feature list, and again, they line up pretty well. The less expensive Gold Bug Pro and G2 have a more limited feature set than the F19. The F75 has the most options for tones and settings at the highest price on the list. The Nokta units at their new lower price are a real good value.
      For me when it came down to actual performance the Gold Bug Pro/ F19 were so close to the FORS models I let the two Fishers go and kept the Nokta. Basically just to get the automatic ground tracking which can be very useful in variable ground but also the three tone option, which is nice for coin detecting. I also like the way the Nokta units balance better with larger coils. All I can tell anyone at this point if you want a detector to use for nugget detecting and also for other purposes, the Gold Bug Pro/F19/G2/FORS Gold and FORS CoRe are so close in actual field use that it will all come down to the operator and ground variations. I think the machines are a toss up from a performance perspective and so just line up the feature list and go with whatever floats your boat. I think for sheer value at this time the Nokta FORS models are tough to beat.

The T2 and F75 give up a slight edge on small low conductors. What this means is that all the previously mentioned models are better for smaller gold nuggets. The trade off is the T2 and F75 are better all around detectors for general purpose use, gaining in coin and other high end conductors some slight advantage simply because the machines are not quite so sparky on tiny non-ferrous trash. In moderate to low mineral ground conditions the T2 and F75 have a clear depth advantage on high conductive coins but in very mineralized ground the advantage is nearly non-existent.
      In my case at least I feel like there is a 90% overlap between my latest version F75 and the two FORS models. If I head out the door right this second to go hunt coins I am more likely to grab the F75 as I like the extra tone schemes. There is the 3H mode that gives a high tone beep on all normal coins but also takes US nickels, which usually reads as a mid tone, and puts it up in the high tone range also. This is a great cherry picking mode. The standard 4 tone mode is great for cherry picking jewelry digging the low mid tones. I like the big screen and the backlight, etc. So I am also keeping my F75.
      But if I was heading out the door chasing gold nuggets right now in a really trashy location and not wanting to use a PI, I would grab the FORS instead. It pulls low conductors like small gold nuggets out of the ground better than the F75. Not by a huge margin, but enough to matter to me.
      And that is where it will stay for now. I am waiting to get my hands on the new Makro Racer models this summer, and using the F75 and FORS plus Racer units all summer. Then proceeding to phase two of the weeding process. I am trying very hard to get my detector collection down to just a couple PI detectors and a couple VLF detectors. It is down to that stage of the game however where it just needs a lot more in field use to let things sort out for me.
      What I can leave you with for sure right now however is that these are all very good detectors that are ridiculously close in performance. You really just can't go wrong with any of them. Mid frequency VLF technology has matured to the point where it is almost impossible for anyone to really stand out from a performance standpoint. Nearly all the performance debates I see on the internet about these models boils down to differences in ground mineralization more than the machines themselves. Just find one that feels right on your arm and sounds good to your ear and get to work!
      This is very much a work in progress and so as I get a chance to use the large coils or hunt under different ground conditions if I come up with anything if interest I will add it here. There is a related thread on VDI numbers and tones at https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/526-fors-gold-f75-v3i-tone-and-vdi-tidbits/. For detailed information on each model plus the latest prices visit Steve's Guide to Gold Nugget Detectors