It's Official! My Patent Has Been Published!

Jim,

Outstanding accomplishment!!!  I read the patent and it looks like you put a tremendous amount of work and thought into

your invention.

Bugler

It may have seemed like a long time coming, but if it was easy anyone could do it. I can respect the time and energy that went into your project and the patent you received is an accomplishment without a doubt. Good luck in the future!

5 hours ago, AU_Solitude said:

Looks awesome, Jim! That had to be quite the undertaking - do you have photo's of a prototype? Do you have plans to take this to market?

You can watch the prototype running, in the fall of  '16 here:

Sweep Jig at Bonanza Bar

Personally, I like the aluminum model for it's light weight, and easy portability. I changed to the plastic-bodied units to save build time, and cost.  But recently I decided to go back to the aluminum version. It will cost more, but I think it's better, and worth the small increase in cost. I'm still trying different versions.

As for marketing, I'm hoping somebody will take it on a royalty basis. I turned 70 the 21st, and don't want to spend all my time in the shop building these. I've got 3 or 4 of the HDPE-bodied units ready to ship, and a bunch of aluminum on hand to build the newer version. There's no difference between them as far as operation.

I'm planning on showing it at the Las Vegas gold show this spring.

I included a pic of my unit setup at an old gold mine last summer. I was looking for pyrite crystals.

Jim

P5130001.JPG

P3220001.JPG

P7160015.JPG

• Like 3

These jigs do not work well at recovering gold from black beach sand. It has been tested. If the beach sand is mostly quartz, it will recover gold and black sand as it would in a creek. But that iron beach sand is a whole 'nother game. Where the small unit shines is as a portable prospecting unit, you can take about anywhere, and use it wet, or dry. In larger sizes it will do well as a mining recovery tool.

Jim

I wondered if I'd get a hard copy from the Patent Office, and today I got a nice 15 page booklet, in the mail,  of the entire patent. Now I need to order a few more....LOL

Jim

• Like 3