when I want to Spank the competition 

I made a lot of  of minelab people sick 

next thing you know they are swinging  The Pro
been thinking about getting another one 

may buy the 44 sounds like one of my pistols

Happy Trails

jimpugh

• Like 1

The F44 is a repackaged Teknetics Liberator which is a repackaged Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro. The LRP is a great little detector for shallow stuff and for mild dirt. It has some really nice features like full notching which somehow did not make it into the F44. For a grab and go, the F44 is decent. For serious detecting, forget it no matter how good the name sounds.

The Gold Bug Pro/F19/Teknetics G2+/Bounty Hunter Time Ranger Pro (I get so tired of typing in all of these iterations of the same FTP detectors) on the other hand are real mid level detectors and have an incredible all metal mode, disc mode is so- so and they are totally EMI bullet proof.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

The Gold Bug Pro/F19/Teknetics G2+/Bounty Hunter Time Ranger Pro (I get so tired of typing in all of these iterations of the same FTP detectors)

Jeff, you forgot the non-Pro version of the Gold Bug.  :laugh:  I like to call it the 'Gold Bug Family.'

The Liberator (clone) was released at least a couple years after the F44 if my memory serves correctly.  Which came first, the Fisher F44 or the BH LRP?

Does some of your concern for the F44 'family' have to do with difficulty in heavy mineralization?   (I don't know if that is a problem, but if it is you are one who would know.)

Here's a good thread on this detector from back in 2017:

Rick asks a great question in his original post. I really like the F44 housing. Now, the F19 was derived from the Gold Bug Pro. As such they added features to a detector with a minimal control set and that makes for some weird control options. Instead of another F19 knockoff like the Time Ranger Pro, matching the F19 guts and features up with the F44 hardware would make things interesting. At the least I would think a weatherproof Gold Bug would be well received.

55 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Jeff, you forgot the non-Pro version of the Gold Bug.  :laugh:  I like to call it the 'Gold Bug Family.'

The Liberator (clone) was released at least a couple years after the F44 if my memory serves correctly.  Which came first, the Fisher F44 or the BH LRP?

Does some of your concern for the F44 'family' have to do with difficulty in heavy mineralization?   (I don't know if that is a problem, but if it is you are one who would know.)

Chuck, I didn't forget the Gold Bug. I just didn't include it since it doesn't have manual ground balance adjustment. Personally I wouldn't own one of those four I did list if it didn't have manual ground balance and only had ground grab like the first (actually second) Gold Bug.

I definitely got the order mixed up. It was Land Ranger Pro, F44 and Liberator.

I would love to see the F19 etc. in an updated weatherproof housing, AA battery operation and with a factory installed button or toggle switch for easy changing from all metal to disc mode and back.

• Like 2