A Once In A Lifetime Gold Find

A true trophy that any detector/prospector would be proud to have, congratulations!

• Like 1

On 12/30/2018 at 5:29 PM, BigSkyGuy said:

Way to go Seeker! Can you say what type of site you found this at...i.e. park, house site, military camp, etc. I am compiling a database. Thank you.

I updated the post with some info on the spot I found it.

Thank you all for the kind words. HH

• Thanks 1

Wow... awesome Gold Coin...Congrats!!!

I may not have dug that based on the signals you mentioned because so much trash (bottle caps at 20-21) mixed in with iron throw off those numbers but it would have been my loss if it were me on your site. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Happa54 said:

I may not have dug that based on the signals you mentioned because so much trash (bottle caps at 20-21) mixed in with iron throw off those numbers but it would have been my loss if it were me on your site. 

A lot of old coins reside in the 18-21 range. $5.00 Gold coins, as well as Indian Head and Wheat Cents. Most of my Indians come in 21 or under. My Gold coin came in 18-19.

Bryan

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2019 at 9:47 AM, Happa54 said:

Thanks Happa.  I wasn’t going to dig it either but since it was going to be my last target I figured why not. HH

That is an awesome find.:smile: