Equinox Up Date

strick

Is it worth doing the up date? does  the 6" coil false too much? Tried reading through the threds but got lost in all the back and forth etc... My instinct is to just do it. 

strick

Follow your instinct :biggrin:

You can revert back to the original version, so no worries. I still have pinpointing issues a lot, but nothing got worse.

• Like 2

I was 'hoping' there would be another update ... but I don't know why.  Perhaps just for the new coils?

I'm ok with things as they are and can't remember what it is like without the update.

Mitchel

• Like 1

I did the update  when it came  out.  My next trip to the beach , on my first signal, the ID was all over the place.  Jumping from 12 to the high 20's and everything in between. I thought, man this update sure sucks.  I dug up the target anyway, and it was a 12 coin spill in a 6" area.  Nickels, pennies, dimes and quarters.  OK no wonder why the ID was all over the place!! LOL.  Update is working fine.  I get a laugh every time I think back to my first target with the  new  update!

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

I had the same experience - before the update. I thought I'd broken the detector.

It was a bunch of random coins that had been stashed in a hole at the beach near a parking lot. That strange signal or series of signals taught me a valuable lesson; dig all tones you don't recognize.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

When the ID flashes a good number or two, along with undesirable numbers, I dig it.  So many times I have dug up coins and bits of trash in the same hole.  The detector was correctly ID' ing all the items.  Its  so fast and seperates so well, it took a bit to get used to this type of performance ! Love my EQ800!

• Like 3