2019 - A Look Ahead

30 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Tesoro is gone now so we can officially ignore them without feeling guilty about it.

Steve, this is the saddest and funniest comment I have heard in a long time.  Those of us who appreciate what Tesoro was (and still is) also understand the deepness of that comment.  Tesoro was all but ignored in the recent digital age of detectors, but still an amazing line of machines that continue to hold their own.  Not trying to re-kindle the debates here, but I will always consider my Tesoro's my secret weapons.  I appreciate reading between your lines on that comment.  :)Tim

• Like 3

Steve,would like to thank you for all the hard work and superb and interesting articles that you provide,make alot of sense for sure and been very helpful.

As we go into 2019 is just over 4 hours time i wont be adding anymore detectors as i feel that i have about every niche cover and the coils well i have a crazy amount but they are mainly for site specific use,but 2019 for me will be more about refine my detecting techniques,surprising enough rather than using larger coils for deep pasture detecting which of course in theory is better suited for larger than normal targets,i am going the other way and reducing my coil sizes on both my VLF machines and also Pulse as well.

Biggest problem that i faced in 2018 and going into 2019 is i am having major wrist problems as a result of a couple of bike accidents in the 70s and 80s and as a result these are starting to come back and haunt me due to age,but have adapted to accommodate this by using a full harness and a Hipstick even on light machines as well,so at least i can still get out for a full days session.

Anyway would like to wish all those folks across the world all the very best for the coming year.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Steve this forum is amazing ,with a lot of knowledgeable people ,i really enjoy coming here as much as i can.

So i wish you all a bright and healthy 2019 for the rest you got master card.

Rick must have been trying to duplicate Evel Knievel............well detector are getting lighter :)

I did 45 sessions this year mixed,scrapping digging trenches,beach combing .i hope i will be able to detect more in 2019

RR

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Happy New Year and thanks Steve for providing a great forum where a person has access on information on metal detectors past and present, a dialogue for new and seasoned detectorist and prospector to learn from one another and the sharing of the great finds and adventures everyone have posted. I agree with you that some on the forum are very biased or opinionated on how or what metal detector they use and imply the metal detector of their choice is the only way to go. To me it's all about enjoying and having fun with the hobby and the metal detector I'm using and learning what other people may have to offer. Look forward in hearing about the new products, adventures and great finds in 2019.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

One of the reasons I come to this forum is that it is not like all the other forums. Maybe most are dying a slow death, but I feel an upswing in real forums for 2019. Eventually the glitz of the mob mentality you see on those other forums, designed mostly for profit and not content, will wane this year. I myself am tired of being forced into believing someone else's version of how to detect and what machine to buy. Enjoy you machine, and especially your time detecting. Eventually age gets us all and I would not want to be having regrets later for not doing what I wanted to do. Thanks for having this forum Steve!!! Good luck to everyone this coming year. I look forward to you stories.

• Like 4