A New Plan For 2019

phoenix

Phoenix , i here what your saying  i swung my 4000 from the time it was new untill the year the 7000 came out and deep down i still know how good the 4k is 

• Like 2

I think the key to success with a GPX series is hitting ground the GPZ has not seen.

The Gpz is a great detector to bring out once you have found gold. It is not my preferred detector for hunting unproven ground. Even a 22cal on a Gpz is almost an overload signal, plus the weight of the Z is tuff to handle for hunting multiple days in a row.

• Like 2

Hi Dave, In late October I decided that I also needed a change in the way I was searching and went to open areas and used a bigger coil for ground coverage and immediately had a change in luck. In two outings I had found many times the weight that I had found in the 10 months previously. I still had a bad year as far as gold goes but I think  next year will be better.  Below is the first bit I found about 9 inches down and it screamed well before I had the coil over it.

Rowdy

DSCN2947.JPG

• Like 4

My plan is to use the modded SDC more this season on the old shallow patches, getting a wee long in the tooth for the "hunt the virgin patches" with the GPZ, time to slow down and swing a lighter machine more. Not retiring just refiring but of course the Z will be handy always, for it is no doubt the premium machine for my part of the world.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, kiwijw said:

MODDED SDC Norvic.....please tell us more about the mods. :biggrin: Cheers.

@ phoenix. I am always in awe at the large 5 cent pieces you manage to find. :laugh: Love the clarity & detail of your pics on the smaller bits mate. ?

Good luck out there guys for 2019

JW :smile:

Righto, I`ve lost the plot, be buggered if I can simply just put a link here for you JW. Anyway go to

..........................Minelab SDC 2300 Strip Down & Rebuild...……….. on DP (Worlds best gold detecting 4M )

a last wet Dec 18/2017 project. Since this I have added a couple of diodes to ensure the battery voltage from the Lithium battery isn`t likely to cause damage. Light as and works like a dream plus "easy as" to do. 

• Like 1

Good luck, Dave.

I hope the plan turns out to be prosperous.

Hopefully you'll need to upgrade the rear suspension on the Troopie,

Phil

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, phoenix said:

Peter that`s a terrific piece of gold mate, what`s it weigh?

6.65grams

Rowdy

• Like 1