Has White’s Electronic Gone Into Hibernation

Unless I’ve missed it I haven’t seen are heard anything new coming from them.. it’s just so many new things coming from other detector companies just got me wondering.

Maybe we could play some of that Jaws music the part you know it’s coming but you can’t see it yet.

Better yet just maybe Tom from White’s could let the cat out of the bag . Right now I’d take a old bone if you can throw us one .

I’ve been keeping my money for that one new detector in 2019 and I hope White’s is in the running for it .

Chuck 

Oh I haven’t forgot about it .I have a PI detector but it’s just not waterproof. I don’t think it’s necessary I get my feet wet to coin hunt are drive a 150 miles to beach hunt.

I’ve seen so many detectors that has come out is totally waterproof and that’s a good thing if that’s what you want . I want less weight and at the same time I should get less cost . At this time in my life I don’t care to fight the elements anymore.

On having a multi frequency detector is not the most important thing to me. I had one but sold it and can buy another .

I’m not you and the same the other way around. So when I see what I want I’ll buy it.

Chuck 

They do seem to have lost something over the last few years, I remember years ago in the UK there were XLT's and DFX's everywhere and they were well respected machines.

Nowadays in our hobby magazines the dealers never advertise whites machines and never really push them if you ask about them. 

A big disappointment to me was the launch of the MX7 as a new machine, I have even heard on podcasts members of the Whites field team recommending it to people that already own a MX Sport. It is exactly the same machine, is this really the best Whites could come up with? Repackaging the same machine in a different housing and sticking on a different coil?

I have had many Whites machines over the years, Classic III, XLT, DFX and MXT.

For whatever reason they are getting left behind, especially with the up and coming manufactures from Europe. Which leads me to another point, they always ignore the European market who do not want a detector telling them they have found a quarter!!! One of the reasons I have stayed away from the MX Sport, had this the option to turn off the labels then it would be much better.

Here's hoping they do come out with something special in 2019.

Sorry I have not been as active online. We had two additions to the family and I have been busy with work.

In 2018 White's released two new detectors, the TDI BeachHunter and the Goldmaster® 24k. I have been seeing some decent finds with both, in spite of the cold weather.

How is White's doing compared to other US brands as far as releasing new products? There is increasing competition from offshore brands, and they set a high standard that all brands should aim to beat. Yes they have the benefit of corporate/government funding, but that's no excuse. Always room for improvement in this department, especially from the US manufacturers. Look what happened with Case/Komatsu and GMC/Toyota. Foreign competition breeds innovation.

Multifrequency has been around for ages, ditto with PI. To me the big question in 2019 is - will a company will release something revolutionary?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, tboykin said:

Sorry I have not been as active online. We had two additions to the family and I have been busy with work.

In 2018 White's released two new detectors, the TDI BeachHunter and the Goldmaster® 24k. I have been seeing some decent finds with both, in spite of the cold weather.

How is White's doing compared to other US brands as far as releasing new products? There is increasing competition from offshore brands, and they set a high standard that all brands should aim to beat. Yes they have the benefit of corporate/government funding, but that's no excuse. Always room for improvement in this department, especially from the US manufacturers. Look what happened with Case/Komatsu and GMC/Toyota. Foreign competition breeds innovation.

Multifrequency has been around for ages, ditto with PI. To me the big question in 2019 is - will a company will release something revolutionary?

Is that a hint at a half sine technology detector?

• Like 2