My 2018 Prospecting - The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly

Is it magnetics, or more like vms conductors ?

The search was for VMS conductors but the little box you can see below the helicopter about half way between the coil and the 'copter is a magnetics measuring device. VMS conductors have both a conductive and magnetic signature, and the use of both is how they discriminate between a lot of other things that might show up. Nevada has a lot of aquifers in the ground where the water is a little salty. This means the aquifer will show up as conductive. But the salt water has no magnetic signature. VMS conductors have both. So functionally using both allows the explorer to discriminate between things that are valuable (like VMS ore bodies) and things that are not valuable (like salty water or bodies of iron ore that are magnetic but not conductive).

• Like 2

There is a fail proof remedy for almost anything that might ail you. It's a microscopic nematode found only in Plumas County and it must be inhaled directly from freshly excavated gold bearing earth.

Unfortunately the heart stuff happened earlier in the year before I got out to prospect in Pumas County.
Just to clarify, my heart problem is a non-standard one. Its not really related to weight, smoking or being out of shape - like most heart problems are. What I have is something you could get if you were an Olympic level athlete. What happened was another spot on my heart started telling the heart to beat - in addition to the normal one that tells the heart to beat. The two beat indicators sort of fought against each other sometimes. Initially, I never even knew I had it - it was discovered at a normal check up. I went to a cardiologist and he was not too worried about it, my blood oxygen levels were normal and I wasn't out of breath or anything like that. But he warned me that if the two beat indicators got into a full fight mode I could end up with a super fast beat and that would be more of a problem. Well, about six months later I was doing minor stuff in the backyard with my wife, and I suddenly went into this super fast heart beat mode. My heart was beating at 180 beats per minute (around 70 is normal). It would not go back to normal, so the ambulance was called. It did go back to normal after about 20 minutes, but they still took me to the hospital for a few days. I am now on a prescription and it seems to keep things normal and I have had no more tachycardia events. The Cardiologist has OK'ed me to prospect and hike and do any other normal outdoor activities.

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 1

9 hours ago, Reno Chris said:

The search was for VMS conductors but the little box you can see below the helicopter about half way between the coil and the 'copter is a magnetics measuring device. VMS conductors have both a conductive and magnetic signature, and the use of both is how they discriminate between a lot of other things that might show up. Nevada has a lot of aquifers in the ground where the water is a little salty. This means the aquifer will show up as conductive. But the salt water has no magnetic signature. VMS conductors have both. So functionally using both allows the explorer to discriminate between things that are valuable (like VMS ore bodies) and things that are not valuable (like salty water or bodies of iron ore that are magnetic but not conductive).

Thanks for the reply Chris.  We have also spent a lot of time exploring for VMS deposits in the last year.  Waiting on our best conductor to be modelled at the moment so we can stick a hole in and flog it off.

Obviously Paul did listen occasionally during his lessons ??

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Reno Chris said:

What did you do? The helicopter survey that was done on our claims cost upwards of $100,000 US dollars. Did you do a ground based survey?

Yes it was a ground based in loop TEM survey.  We had already mapped the surface gossans with our XRF, so had a fair idea.

Unfortunately as you know everything in this game cost a lot, but the rewards are usually worth it if your ground work is good.

Surveys over here are usually not too bad , but the drilling is a killer.  We drilled 120 holes to 70m on another project last year, now that’s expensive!

In our area the spots that responded to the survey were under a layer of older unconsolidated gravel about 70M deep.  If they'd have cropped out they would have been mined decades ago. The one bit that did crop out a few miles away was mined in the 1960s. So we had no idea where any actual VMS bodies were, but there are areas of alteration indicating systems are nearby (such as shown in one of the photos posted with the original post). The survey picked up some VMS large bodies - one is estimated at 900M long, by 400M wide and 300M on the dip. A couple others were around half that size.

A presentation from the company that did the survey can be seen at:
http://www.nevadasunrise.ca/projects/coronado-vms-project/

They started a drilling program intending 3 holes, and after one hole ran out of money. Sadly, they could not get to the spot they intended to drill from because of mud and snow, so they drilled at a spot farther out and went down 375 meters and hit nothing, missing the target completely. Nothing they hit in drilling would explain the EM anomaly found in the survey.

http://www.nevadasunrise.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Nevada-Sunrise-Completes-First-Hole-at-Coronado-VMS-Pr.pdf

The next steps are up to the company.

• Like 1