Deus As A Second Machine For The Dry Sand Beach?

Sinclair

Hi folks,

I've been a die-hard Equinox 800 user since april 2018. Now I've got enough clad together to buy another detector, or upgrade my homecinema :happy:

Does anyone use the deus on the dry sand beach? I love my Equinox, but my right hand is not the most healthy, so weight and balance counts alot for me. Also the Equinox puts many stuff found on my beaches in a very narrow ID range.

Will XP ever come out with a multi-frequency? At the moment I would opt for the 11" X35 coil with RC and WS5. Weight wise the XP in this configuration is about 1000g with remote vs 1300g for the Equinox - that's quite a difference. I also like the portability - you can easily put it in a backpack. What I don't like: No bluetooth, expensive headphones needed, even when you buy the RC (if you don't want to mess with additional tranceivers etc. for wireless freedom).

If I ever get my permission to detect fields, the deus would be handy, for sure - but at the moment I am only allowed to detect our beaches. I'll keep the Equinox anyhow.

Suggestions? Or should I just buy a new projector for my homecinema? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I use the Deus with the HF Eliptical Coil in the dry & damp sand. It’s an awesome beach detector if you need something lightweight. If I’m detecting in the wet areas I use the 800.

Best of luck!

BH

• Like 1

Sounds good - which frequencies do you typically run? Do you think a x35 coil will do the trick, or are the HF ones a must-have on the beach?

• Like 1

I just run the Deus in the Beach 1 or 2 setting stock factory frequency.

I’ve never used the larger coil or my LF coils on the beach. Just the HF coils both Eliptical and 9” round.