The Passing of a Metal Detecting Great!

Hi all,

Charlie was truly a pioneer in the metal detecting industry and will be greatly missed.

On one of his business trips through Boise, I had the opportunity to be photographed with one of his early dealers locally, Tommy Long.

Gary/Largo

Truly one of the pioneers of metal detecting and an early leader in nugget detectors. The 15 kHz Garrett Groundhog found huge amounts of gold in the early days. I don't know if anyone from Garrett follows the forum but my condolences to the family.

My condolences to the Garrett family, the A2B did me well for many years.

It has been a pleasure for me the last 8 years to use Garrett products as will as be a Garrett dealer. My first detector was an Ace 250 that I use my first year. Mr.Garrett motivated me because he was a treasure hunter as well as a inventor. I didn't ever get the chance to meet him, but felt like I connected with him through his books and examples. Prayers to his family.

Treasuredude