This GPZ 7000 was new in August 2017 and the transferable factory warranty is good until the end of July 2020 (over one year remaining factory warranty). This was my second GPZ replacing and has less than 100 hours on the unit. A screen saver was applied on the first day (still on the detector) and Docs covers used also so the unit has been very well protected. Except for the obvious wear on the bottom of the scuff cover the detectors looks nearly new. I never used the harness assembly, bungee, swing arm or headphones so those are all new in the box. The detector comes in the original box with all original accessories and documentation.

The detector is for sale for $5499 shipped to locations in the United States. I accept PayPal (to verified addresses only), U.S. Postal Money Orders, or wired funds.

gpz2.jpg
The box

gpz1.jpg
What is in the box with the detector

gpz9.jpg
Side view

gpz6.jpg
Angle view

gpz7.jpg
Bottom view

gpz8.jpg
Top of coil

gpz3.jpg
Bottom of coil

gpz4.jpg
Bottom of skid plate / scuff cover

gpz5.jpg
LCD display with screen saver installed

Just curious, Steve, why are you selling?

• Like 1

I swear I am not selling because I have knowledge or plans about anything upcoming. More boring than that I am afraid. Well not to me but it may seem that way compared to thinking a new machine is imminent.

I have been very active the last few years metal detecting and gold prospecting. I have a desire to focus on some other projects for the next year at least, maybe two depending on how things go. The bottom line is I did not think I really needed the GPZ this summer and my Equinox will serve plenty well for what I want to do. I hate running the clock out on the warranty which is what will happen if I keep it with a thought to using it more in 2020. The reality is I can get machines through my old dealership any time I want at a good price, so holding detectors to me rarely makes sense unless they are in active use. Not only does the warranty run out, but there is always the risk of a new model coming out, or a price reduction.

So I decided to sell the GPZ and weed out other gear and make Equinox my primary unit for the time being. I'm not really planning on finding less gold. I am quite confident the Equinox can serve me very well there so no worries.

• Like 9

It's a great buy for someone! You know when it's coming from Steve it's going to be a well looked after detector in perfect working order.

I can also back up his reasoning before the conspiracy theories start :laugh: as he said to me more than 6 months ago that the Equinox would serve his detecting needs now so he doesn't really need the GPZ anymore for the detecting he does nowadays and it's a lot of money tied up in a detector that's not being used much.

Some lucky person is going to be the proud owner of a GPZ soon and they'll be able to say it was the great Steve Herschbash's unit!  That's gotta add value 🙂

• Like 5

I’ll be waiting impatiently for reports on how you do in the gold fields with the Equinox.  

19 minutes ago, WesH said:

I’ll be waiting impatiently for reports on how you do in the gold fields with the Equinox.  

Been there, done that :smile:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WesH said:

I’ll have to go back and find it.

just click on the "been there done that", it's blue because it's a link 🙂

• Thanks 1

Yeah, what Simon said!

I have found gold nuggets in California, Nevada, and Alaska with the Equinox 800. All tiny but tiny is what I was after. If I can find tiny stuff with a detector then the larger stuff will take care of itself. The Equinox does not have the punch of the GPZ for sure, but the Equinox alone will serve me well enough for now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Similar Content

• By Steve Herschbach
      This GPZ 19 coil for the Minelab GPZ 7000 detector is in excellent condition, with only minor scrapes and scuffs. The detector was used with a Nugget Finder solid scuff cover / skid plate (included. an extra $45 value) the entire time, so the stock skid plate (also included) is still brand new. The coil is for sale for $999 shipped to locations in the United States. I accept PayPal (to verified addresses only) or U.S. Postal Money Orders. Again, the Nugget Finder scuff cover is also included.
      Top view of coil

Bottom view without scuff cover

Bottom view with stock scuff cover

optional Nugget Finder scuff cover (included)

• By ColonelDan
      Brand new and still in the factory box. Comes with additional coil cover.

$120 shipped to lower 48.

PayPal Friends and Family

• By Sourdough Moe
      Selling like new make me an offer my phone is+19075457787 I seen this book on Amazon for 1998.00
      sell mine for 200 obo I’ll be in Vegas next week
    • By Sourdough Moe
      Nugget finder evo 15  $350 used one trip
      NF Evo 14x9 $350 just used for testing
      NF Sadie 8x6 $200 brand new
      minlab commander 15x12 mono never used $180
      minelab commander 11 dd never used $100
      will consider offers and possible trades

• By WesH
      I now have two coils forsale that I never use anymore.
       One is a Coiltek 14inch DD pro elite.  This coil sell new for $397.50.  I’m selling it for $225.00 
       Second coil is a Coiltek 12x24 elliptical mono.  I’m selling it for $175.00.
        SOLD. Third coil is a Minelab 8 inch round mono.  I’m selling it for $80.00
       I will cover shipping to the lower 48.

• By dirtman
      If you see something you can use, or are interested in the WHOLE lot message me here , we'll work something out. 😎