Setup Or Assemble Keene 5" Sluice Box?

8 hours ago, PG-Prospecting said:

Correct a 6.5 hp for a 5 inch dredge would be underpowered, but i wasnt sure if you were to add a performance exhaust, air intake and re-jet the carb to pull about 2 more hp out of it would it then power a 5 inch dredge ok.  Would the keene p180 pump become the limiting factor and not the hp of the motor?  

I would think extra HP wouldn't make too much difference as the Honda GX is plenty HP for the P180 pump, there is a reason Keen don't sell a GX 290 with a P180 pump.

With that being said, more RPM might increase the impeller speed and there for the water volume. Not sure on that one but you can remove the RPM governor on the GX200 and increase RPM from 3500 to about 5000 RPM. Just be aware that you need to replace the stock flywheel to an aftermarket one rated for the higher RPM also the intake springs need to be upgraded as well. https://affordablegokarts.com/pages/honda-gx160-gx200-governor-removal

I have wondered if porting and polishing the pump casting would make much difference? All the Keene pumps I have are cast really rough.

Personally id just run two Gx200/P180 set ups myself. I have that set up on my six inch dredge and have plenty of power at 3/4 throttle.

Let us know what you end up with.

• Like 2